Strategic Communications Professional
Aptive is seeking a strategic communications professional with demonstrated experience working with executive-level Government clients to assist with the development of strategy, branding and production of PowerPoint presentations, speech writing, webcast support, event preparation (including read aheads and/or programs) and other marketing and outreach materials
The candidate must have strong writing, communication and organizational skills to support a federal client. The candidate must also possess graphic design experience and be able to work closely with a senior government executive and the delivery team to create concepts for execution. This individual needs to be able to work independently to develop content and designs that assist with defining and influencing strategy for client presentations. Candidate must thrive in a high pressure, fast paced, executive-level environment and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, proactive problem solver and action-oriented team player with previous experience in management consulting, preferably for federal clients. This individual must be committed to providing superior service, poised under fast-paced pressure and have a positive and flexible attitude.
This mid-level, full-time position is based in Washington, DC with some telework options available. This position will require onsite support to attend meetings in person at the client site and may require occasional travel.
This is a contingent position based on contract award. Estimated start date is early August 2020.
- 5+ years experiences supporting executive level clients
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Exceptional PowerPoint presentation, strategic communication, written, oral and listening skills.
- Leadership skills and aptitude to make informed decisions and recommendations.
- Consultant experience supporting large, complex, executive-level federal clients.
- Availability to work in Washington, DC.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Work directly with an executive-level Government client to develop products that support an integrated communications campaign that communicates the agency’s strategy, accomplishments, and goals and garners buy-in from employees and stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high-level attention to detail and ability to carry out multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Proven experience managing projects and meeting deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft 365, particularly PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with conceptual design, branding, and marketing.
- Relevant experience in planning, developing, executing and assessing client presentations
- Strong time management, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of concepting and implementation of visual elements (layout, typography, etc.).
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done and high attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to communicate across most mediums and settings.
- Knowledge of military and Veteran populations.
ABOUT THE CLIENT.
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is an agency of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. It is responsible for providing a variety of benefits and services to service members, Veterans, and their families.
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services and business transformation. Our employees receive competitive compensation, along with company-paid health care and short-term disability plans. We also offer a 401K plan with company match, paid time off, flexible savings accounts, commuter benefits and company-sponsored professional education opportunities.
Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-02