Strategic Communications Project Manager – (163264)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward. HDR is seeking an experienced public relations professional who is passionate about communications, has a drive to innovate and a habit of thinking outside the box. This person will serve as a strategic communications coordinator leading and delivering communications for infrastructure projects on an industry-leading team.
Who You Are:
- You are a forward thinking person who is comfortable working on multi-disciplinary teams and collaborating effectively with colleagues in both content and technical development.
- You are not afraid of leading and facilitating contentious public meetings, public hearings, open houses and other meetings with the public, clients and other project stakeholders.
- You are a great writer, skilled at defining and articulating a message. You describe yourself as a storyteller.
- You are exceptionally organized, with an almost obsessive attention to detail, and highly driven with the ability to manage several projects and meet deadlines.
- You have a record of accomplishment of creating and implementing communications plans that included target audience strategies, marketing and advertising plans, event planning, and collateral material development and implementation.
- You have a demonstrated track record of successfully managing projects or tasks, including preparing and monitoring scope and budget, preparing and implementing schedule, and coordinating with team members to deliver successful projects.
- You understand NEPA and how infrastructure projects are developed under these guidelines.
- You are a highly creative person who understands the importance of clear communication across multiple channels and mediums.
- You are a lifelong learner who is constantly researching new technologies and trends, pushing clients and the team to innovate. You embrace the new.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives and adapts in fast-paced environments.
Keywords: Communications, Consulting, Engineering, Marketing, Planning, Presenting, Community Outreach, Community Engagement, DOT, Transportation Construction
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 6 years related experience in strategic communications, including management of projects or tasks
- Excellent knowledge and experience developing and implementing communications plans and campaigns.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to travel
- Service and client-oriented personality with the ability to handle multiple assignments at a time and set and meet deadlines
- Self-starter, can work well independently or in a team environment
- Experience leading social media campaigns
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal requirements for public involvement
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Previous work experience in the infrastructure industry
- 8+ years of experience
- Master’s Degree
Job posted: 2021-09-19