Strategic Communications Senior
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
The Strategic Communications, Senior role for Freddie Mac’s Enterprise Risk Management division is responsible for helping us drive change by supporting the development and execution of an integrated communication strategy that aligns with ERM’s mission and people and culture efforts. He/ She will partner with the Strategic Communications, Manager and leadership across the organization to ensure our communications and marketing efforts are fresh and innovative, using the right channels to support the modern way in which people engage in and consume information. This role reports to the Director, Communications on the Enterprise Risk Management Operations Team. Apply now and learn why there’s #MoreAtFreddieMac!
Our team is responsible for establishing a unified and efficient service organization to provide a more holistic and strategic view of learning and development, people and culture, change management, and communications and to help drive people and culture initiatives across Enterprise Risk Management.
- Support ERM communication campaigns in key areas such as learning and development, performance management, inclusion and diversity and specific risk management efforts
- Develop and execute communication plans for small-to-medium internal division communications campaigns
- Gather content from internal subject matter experts to develop and execute regular communications such as newsletters and all staff calls
- Actively engage in our division specific employee portal to ensure content is easily accessible, relevant and updated regularly
- Serve as communications partner to our working groups and councils
- Provide writing and research support as needed for key projects to help tell the ERM story
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or other relevant subject or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years of related experience
- Proven work experiences developing and executing communication strategies
- Superb writing, editing and proofreading skills, attention to detail
- Knowledge of Web, social media, SharePoint and content management and publishing technologies
Keys to Success in this Role:
- A sense of humor
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Organizational and people change leadership
- High standards for executing quality results
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the team and where silos exist
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and how to do things better
- Ability to use data to formulate and flex communications
- Ability to build compelling presentations to tell our change story and engage both employees and leaders
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-16