Strategic Communications Specialist
ERG has an exciting opportunity in Arlington, VA, to provide strategic communications support for a variety of federal health and safety initiatives. In this position, you will help plan events and meetings, design promotional materials, and develop outreach campaigns on topics such as emergency preparedness, health and wellness, occupational safety, fire protection, or sustainability for a diverse audience that includes federal employees and contractors, military personnel, and members of the general public. The candidate should be able to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team, regularly collaborating and interacting with clients.
Job duties include:
- Planning and executing large-scale events
- Developing outreach campaigns
- Creating promotional materials and other communications
- Designing and maintaining web pages
- Drafting presentations, briefings, and correspondence
- Facilitating and addressing client requests
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree and 1 to 3 years of experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a knack for communicating among groups with different points of view
- Polished writing and proofreading skills
- Adaptability to continuously changing needs
- An eye for detail and meticulous approach to complex processes
- Enthusiasm for high-impact safety, health, emergency preparedness, and sustainability outreach
The ideal candidate is an organized, strategic thinker, and a team player capable of balancing multiple tasks and priorities. You should demonstrate strong writing skills and the ability to interact professionally with clients. Experience with emergency preparedness, wellness, health and safety, sustainability, fire protection, or military personnel is a plus but not required.
To complete your application, please submit a cover letter and two writing samples with your resume. Applications without writing samples will not be considered.
Job ID: ARLLR1030202A11
Eastern Research Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable EEO and affirmative action regulations. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Please be aware, the only authentic corporate domain for Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is www.erg.com. ERG may, on occasion, screen applicants via telephone or video interviews via Skype, Teams, GoToMeeting, or another type of video platform. However, any candidate extended a job offer will be asked to meet in person with an ERG employee before being asked to provide confidential personal information associated with new employment. COVID-19 HIRING – most hiring processes are currently virtual during the pandemic. All interviews, as well as new hire orientations, will take place via video conference using Teams, Skype, or GoToMeeting.
For applicants that require an accommodation: As a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ERG’s online application process as a result of your disability. Please contact Human Resources via e-mail at Resumes-Lex@erg.com or telephone 781-674-7293 to request an accommodation.
Job posted: 2020-12-21