Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Strategic Communications Specialist
ECS is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject an Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 4th, 2022. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to verify that you have been, or will be, fully vaccinated by January 4th, 2022, or to verify that you cannot be vaccinated due to a legally recognized exception to the vaccine mandate set forth in the Executive Order.
Note: An individual is not considered to be fully vaccinated until two weeks after receiving the second vaccine dosage in a vaccine regimen involving two vaccines.
The above does not apply to personnel applying to United States Postal Service positions, however, as an ECS employee you will be required to complete the ECS COVID-19 survey to be compliant with Executive Order 14024.
ECS is seeking a Strategic Communications Specialist (MCT) to work in our Washington, DC office.
ECS is currently seeking a full-time Strategic Communications Specialist to provide onsite support at our Washington, DC site. This is a remote position.
ECS’s Strategic Communications Specialist will deliver client facing consulting services to support communication strategies for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Veteran Experience Office’s Multi-Channel Technology (MCT) directorate. Efforts include creating and executing a consistent internal and external messaging strategy, to include developing and disseminating communications materials, managing weekly reporting, coordinating and hosting monthly staff meetings, and finding innovative and proactive ways to share how MCT is improving the customer experience of Veterans and VA employees.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day client relationships and represent ECS at client meetings and briefings
- Develop and implement communications plans
- Create communications materials such as blogs, briefings, one pagers, flyers, and presentations
- Manage an internal Microsoft Teams site and provide new content
- Plan and host staff meetings
- Respond to data calls and coordinate across project teams to gather information
- Solicit and gather team feedback through surveys and deep dives
- Review and edit reports, briefings, and other materials
- Provide subject matter expertise in communications and outreach
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in communications and outreach
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or a related field
- Experience providing support directly to corporate leadership or Federal Government Executives
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, collaborative, and responsive
- Clearance: must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust
- Experience coordinating with Change Management
- Experience supporting IT or VA Communications projects
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-02