Strategic Communications Specialist – Congressional SME – DODP4
Avantus Federal, a NewSpring Holdings Company, is a mission-focused services and solutions company headquartered in McLean, VA. Drawing upon its heritage companies’ histories of consistent growth and high performance in the federal services market, Avantus ensures eminence is earned, sustained and grown.
Avantus’ services and solutions are designed, tailored, and executed based on our long history of helping our Homeland Security, Defense, Intelligence, and Federal Civilian customers solve complex challenges. Our capabilities include Project & Portfolio Management, Facilities, Acquisition & Sustainment, Systems Engineering Technical Services, Operations & Analysis, Transformation & Advisory Services, Data & Software Solutions, Digital Innovation, and Augmented Intelligence.
Avantus is seeking a Strategic Communication Specialist with a focus on Congressional and Legislative Affairs in support of The U.S. Army’s Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems (PEO EIS). Duties include:
Our COVID-19 Task Force is taking every measure to protect our employees during this time. Speak to a recruiter about our telework options.
- Brief senior leadership and all program managers on all relevant congressional appropriations-related matters on a continuous basis.
- Prepare and execute training program managers ahead of budget roll-out.
- Work as a partner and liaison with the Office of the Chief of Legislative Liaison and the Congressional Affairs Team at the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology in all areas of planning and engagement.
- Assist with preparing Congressional responses.
- Formulate initial lists of issues, which the agency will address during Congressional posture hearings.
- Schedule and coordinate briefings with House and Senate Appropriations Committee staff to advance Army PEO EIS legislative priorities.
- Advise program managers on Congressional concerns during policy formation, including the development of complex and sensitive policies and procedures governing relationships with Members of Congress and Professional Staff Members.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Affairs, Public Administration, Public Policy or relevant field
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance; US Citizenship Required #AvantusClearedJob
- Minimum of 15 years of experience
- Secret clearance
- Prior experience with PEO EIS or the U.S. Army
Company EEO Statement
Avantus Federal is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category protected by law. Avantus hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-12