Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
About the Private Equity Stakeholder Project:
The private equity industry is massive, hugely influential, and playing a role in more and more aspects of life in the US and around the world.
The industry manages nearly $11 trillion in assets and owns companies that employ more than 12 million American workers, plus millions more around the world. The industry touches a growing number of stakeholders, from workers and their unions, to communities and community groups, to those impacted by climate change.
The mission of the Private Equity Stakeholder Project is to identify, engage, and connect stakeholders affected by private equity with the goal of engaging investors and empowering communities, working families, and others impacted by private equity investments.
About the Position:
Description: The Private Equity Stakeholder Project is seeking an innovative and dynamic Strategic Communicator to provide vision, leadership and direction for the organization’s internal and external communications. The Strategic Communicator will help design, shape and execute a comprehensive, multi-faceted communications program that supports Private Equity Stakeholder Project’s goal of lifting up the voices of stakeholders impacted by private equity investments to bring about change.
· Develop and execute strategy that raises the profile of the organization’s brand, public profile and campaigns that center the voices of people impacted by private equity investments;
· Help set the strategic direction of the organization in collaboration with them other team members, including the development of short- and long-term external and internal communications strategies;
· Conceive and execute creative narrative & storytelling campaigns that support program and development efforts;
· Engage the public through earned, paid, and social media;
· Generate strong media coverage and oversee the quality and consistency of messaging in external facing communications;
· Create innovative messaging to diverse audiences, including the general public as well as the media, policy makers, regulators, institutional investors, and others;
· Coordinate the development and distribution of communications, messaging and narrative products including press releases, statements, op-eds, videos, infographics, reports, stakeholder emails, website content, and other materials;
· Cultivate relationships with national, regional, and state news outlets and reporters;
· Develop a strong social media presence that highlights the organization’s programmatic work, initiates and builds relationships with stakeholders and increases public awareness of private equity’s impact.
· Evaluate communications and efforts by documenting performance metrics, analyzing overall effectiveness and impact of communications campaigns, and refining communications efforts;
· Coordinate activity of communications-related vendors including web, design, social and online media, to ensure effective, timely delivery of work in support of campaigns and the overall strategy of the organization.
· Limited travel required.
· Strong commitment to social and economic justice; experience working with diverse constituencies.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and to work both independently and as a team member.
· 3+ years of communications experience with exceptional strategic communications and creative narrative, storytelling skills and generation of regular earned media.
· Demonstrated track record of success creating and implementing communications strategies.
· Electoral, legislative and/or crisis communications experience.
· Proven experience in developing social and new media campaign strategies and programs.
· Superb interpersonal skills, with a history of forging strong and positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
· Outstanding public speaking skills, with experience serving as the representative for an organization to the public, particularly in public speaking engagements and with the media.
· Excellent writing ability, including ability to write to target audiences and under tight deadlines.
· Eye towards strong design and branding.
Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume to jobs@PEstakeholder.org
Job posted: 2022-04-23