Strategic & Member Communications Manager
Strategic & Member Communications Manager
The Nuclear Energy Institute is seeking an experienced Strategic & Member Communications Manager who shares our vision for the future: A world powered by clean and reliable energy.
You have an opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative team of communications professionals who are transforming how industry trade associations influence policy to address one of the greatest existential challenges we face today—the climate crisis.
The Strategic & Member Communications Manager will support the Director of Strategic & Member Communications in maintaining and strengthening relationships with industry communications professionals, serving as a liaison and strategic advisor to NEI members and other key audiences.
As a member of NEI’s Marketing and Communications Division, you will work with the broader team to promote a unified voice across the industry and identify innovative ways to achieve our key objectives.
- Industry Communications Liaison & Strategic Partner
- Lead NEI’s industry communicators engagement program under the leadership of the Director of Strategic & Member Communications. Manage relationships with communications professionals at NEI member companies, acting as strategic partner and advisor.
- Oversee outreach and engagement with industry communicators, serving as primary point of contact; ensure member communicators remain informed of key issues, events, milestones and state and federal regulatory and policy actions; identify external communications needs and facilitate requests for resources and support in coordination with the broader communications team.
- Manage communications platforms used to engage with member company communicators. Serve as editor-in-chief of weekly newsletter publication for NEI member communicators.
- Develop and drive the member communications content strategy in consultation with the Director of Strategic & Member Communications and the Senior Manager of Content & Digital Communications.
- Strategic & Integrated Communications
- Participate on cross-organization efforts to address key industry issues and potential flashpoints. Support and manage elements of integrated communications plans, coordinating with member company communicators to ensure a consistent and aligned message across the industry.
- Partner with communications division colleagues on special projects, industry events and communications campaigns.
- Manage NEI’s event response plan and support the NEI event response team as needed to ensure alignment and coordination with member companies and communications staff.
- Executive Communications
- Support development of executive correspondence and newsletter content, materials for Communications Advisory Committee and Board of Directors meetings, presentations and other executive communications.
- Support the Director of Strategic and Member Communications in executing strategy for thought leadership and NEI’s executive speakers’ bureau.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in communications and public affairs, including corporate communications, crisis communications, advocacy or coalition management.
- Understanding of energy company structure, public policy and energy issues preferred.
- Working knowledge of newswriting and AP style. Attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Familiarity with website maintenance.
- Understanding of print, digital and social media operations.
- Candidates with nuclear industry, association communications and/or agency experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Skills & Characteristics:
- You are articulate, concise and communicate your points easily and possess a confident and engaging presentation style.
- You can work independently on deadline with minimal supervision and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You excel at building and maintaining relationships. You understand how organizations work, where to build relationships and how to get results from others.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and value collaboration.
- Bachelor degree in communications, journalism, public relations, English, public policy or similar.
If one of our positions matches your goals and expertise, please submit your cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to resumes@nei.
Nuclear Energy Institute
Human Resources Director
1201 F Street, NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20004
Job posted: 2021-09-27