Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Strategic Outreach and Visits Manager, Government Affairs and Public Policy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience working in government or public policy
- Experience in event management and/or with executive meetings
- Experience working in the scheduling and advance protocol office of an elected official, government agency, or political campaign
- Experience condensing complex written materials into concise talking points
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams simultaneously
- Excellent, leadership, communication, strategic, and analytical skills.
- Interest in technology and making it accessible and beneficial to all users
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
As a member of the Strategic Outreach and Visits team, you will help drive engagement between government stakeholders and Google executives on a wide range of public policy issues and topics. You will work across regions, product areas, and functions to ensure succinct and relevant messaging, as well as prepare and brief executives ahead of engagements.
You will be the point of contact at Google to policymakers and influential thought leaders that visit our campuses, and help manage executive visits globally.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Plan and execute strategic engagements between executives and officials.
- Lead on the composition, consolidation, editing of complex written materials (e.g., briefing docs, letters, talking points, etc.).
- Develop cross-functional partnerships and relationships with executives’ teams to create meaningful agendas for engagements and ensure the appropriate internal participants are included.
- Partner and support externally facing strategic outreach efforts (e.g., campaigns, in-region executive visits, roadshows, etc.). Contribute to development of outreach strategies.
- Update and track projects and key metrics.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-26