Strategic Planning and Public Policy Specialist-20001G8
Works with Strategic Planning and Public Policy team to develop, refine and assist in the execution of Valero’s short and long-term strategic goals. Evaluates the competitive landscape across the energy sector, the impact of public policy/regulation, automotive and consumer trends. Prepares analyses, presents recommendations and facilitates communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Researches current market trends, technologies and emerging business opportunities.
- Develops insights that generate business opportunities.
- Provides analyses on the energy industry, including: crude oil supply, NGL supply, regional economic activity, demand for refined/petrochemical products and alternative energy sources, refining capacity & utilization, regional supply/ demand balances & trade flows, biofuels supply/demand, automotive trends, and developments in vehicle powertrain technology.
- Analyzes the impact of federal/state/regional regulation and legislation.
- Develops feasibility studies or detailed economic models to determine project viability and financial returns; performs IRR & NPV analyses.
- Creates business cases and management presentations to support the development of strategic objectives and project the impact of key investment decisions.
- Keeps up to date with industry trends by reading publications, newsletters and consultant reports, by attending industry conferences and through personal contacts.
- Provides information to various internal departments concerning industry trends, developments and market opportunities.
- Monitors political, legislative, and regulatory proposals/developments impacting the Corporation.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Engineering, Economics, Chemistry, Energy or related field required.
- MBA is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in the energy industry or consulting related to the energy industry required.
- Prior engineering experience in energy and/or related fields is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the energy industry, petrochemical industry and/or alternative energy sector required.
- Understanding of business fundamentals, corporate business profitability and commercial agreements required.
- Propensity for being detail oriented, thorough, self-motivated, methodical and pro-active in problem solving required.
- Flexible working style that sustains a high-level of engagement on multiple projects simultaneously and allows for changing priorities required.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero’s employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-18