Strategic Response Communications Lead
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
We’re looking for a leader to manage the Strategic Response team that sits within our larger Marketing team! This leader will build proactive playbooks and communications plans for the company to respond to customer needs varying from uncertainty due to market volatility and service disruptions, to global events impacting the markets and Robinhood, to responding to misinformation about the company. You will directly connect and communicate with Robinhood customers during times of need in order to provide compassionate, educational, and actionable information.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader, investigator, partnership-builder, partner manager, and have a strong bias for action. This person thrives in ambiguity but loves documenting process for others to follow. Your pen is your sword.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead all aspects of mitigating firm risk during incidents impacting customers, including disruptions in service
- Develop and document working processes to clearly prioritize and address inventoried risks and escalated incident support requests
- Share monthly reports about trends in critical issues, summaries of resolved incidents, new or ongoing risks to the firm, ongoing projects, and top priorities
- Benchmark strategic incident response methodologies across other firms and evolve Robinhood’s strategic response operations accordingly
- Review trends in customer interactions across social media and public platforms to discern response needs and identify and tackle acute areas where content can improve the customer experience
- Own the end-to-end process of operationalizing crisis customer communications, create all pre-written incident responses, and build a library of approved content for various customer-facing platforms
- Own and drive all remediation content and customer communication projects following major outages; commit to standardization and the improvement of NPS while reducing negative impacts to CSAT because of outages over time
- At least 10 years of related experience in a strategic response, investigations, or crisis communications role
- Ability to own quarterly leadership briefings around trends in strategic response, high-risk user behavior, and imminent threats to Robinhood
- Ability to collaborate with PR & Communications, Customer Service, legal response teams, and external agencies during incidents to mitigate reputational risk in any customer communications (blog, macros)
- Experience owning and building best-practice guides to customer crisis response for the entire organization
- Consistent track record of successful collaboration with Risk and other XFN partners to inventory firm risks and operationally prepare for high-risk incidents that impact our customers and require urgent customer communications
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-28