Palo Alto, CA
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organizations long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction.
- Work closely and collegially with EMEA, APJ, and AMS teams including state and local policy and political team and others in the Government Relations team to leverage resources effectively to achieve objectives.
- Project and program management of strategic initiatives for global government relations
- Develop business relationships with trade associations such as ITI, Technet, PSC and others as well as coalitions as needed, and manage yearly association dues.
- Serve as a coordinating resource with global teams to ensure operational efficiencies.
- Own development of materials for Head of GR, executive leadership team, and other ad-hoc projects
- Work with internal teams across business units and global functions to achieve strategic objectives in policy, thought leadership, and public sector support.
- Support PAC activities as necessary.
- Work with Legal and other corporate functions.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated work experience in government, corporate strategy, finance, operations, or other field.
- Strong political and personal judgment.
- Experience within a corporate project team or project management, and coalition-building strongly preferred.
- Experience working successfully in a matrix environment.
- Experience working for HP is preferred
- Demonstrated results in developing and implementing management programs involving relationship building/legislative issues/strategic alliances.
- Ability to represent the company publicly in a variety of settings.
- Action-oriented, decisive, quick study with proven ability to be strategic, accurately analyze information and execute to achieve goals.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to lead and motivate others, and to work as a team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong powerpoint skills and the ability to plan a presentation are critical skills for this position
- B.S. or B.A. degree desired.
- Hill experience a plus as is experience with lobbying firms.
No shift premium (United States of America)
EEO Tagline –
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
Job Posted: March 14, 2017