Supervisor of Constituent Communications
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements – check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we’re excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here.
The Supervisor of Constituent Communications supports McDonald’s policy and government relations efforts in the US through partner engagement and communications, including internal as well as grassroots external partners. This position is also responsible for supporting relationship management and database management for the US government relations team.
- Assist with executing programs to engage and influence local elected officials and constituents – writing action alerts, government correspondence, correspondence to share McDonald’s news with elected officials, monthly internal system newsletter
- Develop communication materials vital for key grassroots partners to be effective ambassadors in their communities – build database of talking points and information for owners and other partners
- Assist local and state US government relations team with managing relationships and events – serve as support on local government relations events and outreach efforts as needed
- Maintain and update the database of local elected officials and owner/operator relationships – undertake owner/operator relationship mapping
- Develop and refine grassroots training materials for owner/operators
- Manage materials on internal system website that would be relevant for use with external partners including news articles, talking points, training materials, best bets, etc.
- Manage and maintain third party grassroots engagement platform
- Update annual economic impact data
- Develop system to supervise team engagements, successes and measurement metrics
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
- BA/BS degree
- Communications experience, including grassroots communications, political communications, government communications
- Database management
- Experience with grassroots engagement techniques and protocol, planning and coordinating events and associated materials
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-23