Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Farm Credit Mid-America is a financial services cooperative serving financial needs of farmers and rural residents in Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, and Tennessee. Our purpose is to secure the future of rural communities and agriculture. We are passionate about serving the needs of our rural communities and creating positive customer experiences.
Farm Credit Mid-America is a great place to work! We have been named as a Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the past 11 years. At Farm Credit Mid-America we put our customers and team members at the heart of all we do.
SCHEDULE: Full Time
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 0% – 25%
About Our Opportunity
This role will play a crucial role in supporting customers in their sustainability journey by serving as the primary manager of Farm Credit Mid-America’s sustainability strategy and initiatives. Using highly refined public speaking skills, the Sustainability Advisor will engage with a wide audience to effectively represent the Association’s sustainability efforts.
How You Will Spend Your Time
- Works closely with senior leaders to implement, execute, and coordinate an organizational sustainability strategy that is aligned with our mission and business objectives.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for sustainable agriculture and represents the organization in relevant industry workgroups/committees.
- Stays apprised of current and emerging trends related to sustainable agriculture, climate-smart agriculture practices, and federal and state government programs.
- Works across multiple teams to gather relevant data and identify sustainability efforts of the organization and our customers.
- Coordinates with the Brand Experience team to create and publish an annual sustainability report.
- Develops and maintains relationships with relevant sustainability stakeholders.
- Attends state, regional, and national-level sustainability meetings and conferences, and seek thought-leadership opportunities.
- Develops and delivers briefings, presentations, and materials for internal and external audiences on relevant topics.
- Engages and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to understand industry goals, challenges, trends, unique needs and the overall sustainability landscape of the agriculture industry.
- Advises and educates leaders and team members on sustainability issues.
- Manages sustainability programs as determined by the board and leadership.
- Travels 5-20% – primarily to industry/stakeholder meetings, conferences, and farm visits.
Minimum Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, conservation science, agriculture economics, sustainability, public policy, or related field. Graduate degree preferred. Five (5) years of experience working in/with the agriculture industry, sustainable agriculture practices, ag industry best practices, and emerging trends in sustainability.
Mental & Physical Requirements
- Successfully represent the association and interact via telephone and face-to-face conversation with team members, leaders, board members, customers, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
- Use a computer and similar office technology and tools. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak, provide sound technical advice and make presentations to individuals or groups on subjects related to areas of responsibility.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
- Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- It is the Association’s policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Farm Credit Mid-America provides a competitive total rewards package to our team members. This includes an award winning 401(k) Plan. Our Health and Financial wellness benefits provide safety, security and peace of mind for you and your family. Here is a highlight of our Total Rewards and Benefits.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.
Job posted: 2023-09-01