Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
HNI Corporation is a global family of industry-leading brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where people live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on providing our members with promising career opportunities, excellent benefits, and a work environment where we all strive to make a positive impact on others, upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What we need:
We are looking for a Sustainability Manager to join our Workplace Furnishings team in Muscatine, Iowa! This is a newly created position on our Environmental Health and Safety team focusing on sustainability initiatives in our manufacturing facilities. At HNI, we believe tomorrow should be cleaner, safer, and more responsible than yesterday. Because sustainability doesn’t have an endpoint, we are working constantly to reduce our operational impacts and enact sustainable change. One of our goals, and the primary focus of this position, will be continuing to move our facilities to zero waste to landfill by 2030. In addition, you will work to reduce our energy intensity and GHG emissions. We’ve made some progress already; now is an exciting time to join HNI and continue our sustainability efforts!
What you will do:
- Lead Workplace Furnishing Operations in achieving Corporate Social Responsibility goals by driving sustainability practices into manufacturing operations. Goals include:
- Zero waste-to-landfill across all facilities by 2030
- 50% Energy use intensity reduction by 2035
- Reduce combined scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 2025
- Support facilities to establish strategies and targets and execute programs to achieve annual and longer-term sustainability goals.
- Collaborate with site teams and technical services group to develop and execute projects to achieve sustainability goals.
- Support sites in managing sustainability data and scorecards; communicate performance to senior leadership by utilizing these metrics and scorecard results.
- Recommend and support continuous improvement efforts at site locations, also promoting the Corporate Social Responsibility agenda across all facilities.
- Partner with external vendors and contractors to identify, develop, and implement new and innovative solutions, find alternatives, and identify waste and energy reduction opportunities.
- Coordinate and assist HNI Corporate on the development and implementation of sustainability procedures and standards, as well as developing and auditing protocol for sustainability.
If you have a passion for environmental sustainability and thrive at not only strategizing and developing sustainability programs, but also collaboratively executing both shorter-and longer-term efforts, you will appreciate the initiatives, opportunities, and challenges of this role and the broader EHS and CSR team of HNI Corporation! We would ideally like for you for live within the Muscatine, Quad City, or Iowa City area, but we are open to semi-remote or hybrid work arrangements, as well as commute agreements! We can also offer relocation assistance when appropriate.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Energy Management, Sustainable Resource Management, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience focused on managing Environmental and Sustainability programs within a manufacturing organization.
- Ability to develop and manage new initiatives and projects.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, analytics, and tracking methodologies
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America’s Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here: https://www.hnicorp.com/social-responsibility
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI – they are operational imperatives. We value each other’s differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here: https://www.hnicorp.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit www.HNIbenefits.com.
We also invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com to learn more!
Our company endeavors to make www.hnicareers.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at 563-272-7400 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).
Job posted: 2022-11-12