Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
The SVP of Communications will be a key member of the executive leadership team reporting directly to Andrew Dudum, Founder & CEO, and will sit squarely within the company’s overall media strategy – driving brand awareness and revenue growth through earned media, affiliate, commercial publishing, and business partnerships. They will work closely with each member of the Hims & Hers executive team.
The SVP Communications will be focused on creating awareness around the brand that ultimately drives revenue and customer traction. With comprehensive customer insights and metrics pertaining to each customer segment, it is expected that this leader will be an exceptional storyteller, customer-obsessed, and carry an entrepreneurial spirit – maximizing resources, media opportunities, strategic partnerships, and talent. The ideal candidate will see the big picture, having a deep understanding of earned media channels and revenue generation, and will be excited to to roll up their sleeves to execute.
- Build and execute the overall communications strategy through exceptional storytelling, driving conversation, and ultimately revenue growth, across earned media, affiliate, commercial publishing and partnerships.
- Develop and cultivate close relationships with the right commercial publishers and affiliates to build conversation around the brand.
- Create partnerships that drive brand awareness and tie back into an earned media strategy that continues to result in sales/membership.
- Deliver on key KPIs – revenue growth, customer traction, brand awareness – for both the hims and hers brands.
- Simplify customer insights and learnings about various customer segments to create long term storytelling and brand building opportunities.
- Continue to build and manage a world-class communication team, and strategically manage our external agency relationships.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization to support key Company objectives – by leveraging, shaping, and better articulating the hims & hers value prop across earned media channels.
- Serve as a strategic thought-partner to the hims & hers executive team on all things earned media related to continually grow and evolve the brand story.
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in public relation, including both previous agency experience, along with in-house corporate experience – with a preference for high-growth, disruptive technology or consumer goods companies.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and storytelling skills required.
- Experience as a proactive executive storyteller – leading strategy and execution, driving true long term brand awareness and increased traffic across traditional earned media, affiliate, publishers, and partnerships.
- Strong network of contacts, specifically at consumer and business media outlets with a proven track record of media placement.
- Ability to develop cross-functional partnerships and relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, and drive results in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
Outlined below is a reasonable estimate of H&H’s compensation range for this role.
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-24