SVP/Head of Communications
Entercom is hiring an SVP, Head of Communications to lead our communications and public relations discipline. The position serves as a key member of Entercom’s leadership team with direct responsibility for internal and external communications; media and press relations; corporate messaging; and executive presence management. This position will either sit in Philadelphia (preferred) or New York, however, we are opening our search outside of these markets as well.
- Communications Strategy and execution for corporate brand, broadcast, digital, podcast, events businesses.
- Media Relations for inbound/reactive press inquiries and outbound/proactive media outreach, inclusive of oversight of all media interviews and external speaking appearances for corporate executives, local market executives, and on-air talent across the company.
- Local Public Relations for the company’s portfolio of 234 radio stations and their related efforts in programming, personnel/leadership, events, social impact, crisis management, etc.
- Corporate Crisis Communications and issues management in response to anticipated and ongoing situations.
- Financial Communications in support of earnings reporting and financial/business messaging, and ongoing collaboration with investor relations firm (JCIR).
- CEO and Executive Communications for internal and external written, presentation and speaking opportunities. Management/preparation for CEO speaking engagements, conferences, media interviews, etc.
- Internal Communications strategy development and management of execution across all touchpoints.
- Digital/Podcast B2B/B2C Press Relations inclusive of partnership/deal announcements, product innovation, media placements, awards, conferences/speaking engagements, publicity for titles, talent and launches etc.
- Corporate Social Media and Digital management across all platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Corporate Website)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team member.
- Agency Management of all external comms and PR partners.
- Company Spokesperson in the press and media bureau for all audio trade and industry inquiries.
- Ad hoc Communications and Publicity needs as they arise.
- 15+ Years’ PR/Comms experience in roles with progressing responsibility and ownership
- Strong rolodex of contacts across digital, print, broadcast ecosystem
- Proven success working with media brands
- Impeccable reputation
- A natural writer, narrative creator and storyteller
- Collaborative and inclusive work style. A radiator of positive energy and momentum.
- Servant Leadership mindset
- Nimble and comfortable navigating a fluid and dynamic environment
VP of Corp Comms; VP of Podcast Publicity; Sr Associate of Corp Comms; Sr. Director Internal Comms
Member of the Executive Leadership Team, reporting to Chief Marketing Officer
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-02