Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
SVP Marketing & Communications
About the Role
As a member of our Leadership Team, you’ll directly influence the success of the company by providing thought partnership to drive strategy, business planning, priority-setting, and decision-making while directing a fully-integrated marketing and communications team. As Senior Vice President of Marketing you’ll report directly to our Co-founder and President. Your primary focus will be enhancing the company’s market positioning and brand awareness. You’ll be able to leverage our impressive growth to date to improve customer engagement, platform usage, customer lifecycle, product marketing, demand-generation and revenue growth. As such, you’ll expand the Unite Us footprint and further define the go-to market strategy and execution, both short and long term.
What You’ll Do
- Design and execute a strategic plan to build brand awareness, customer loyalty, strengthen community and stakeholder relationships, and ensure all communication activities are cohesive and consistent with Unite Us business goals
- Lead, invest in, and build a team of approximately 20 teammates (2 Direct Reports), comprised of existing teammates and positions to be recruited for in support of this work
- Create and implement forward-thinking, organization-wide communications and messaging externally
- Deliver key messages, through marketing material and campaigns, to the target persona(s), identify strengths, and provide targeted coaching and feedback for your team to design future plans
- Establish product vision and roadmap documents to understand the key technical differentiation of our product versus the competition
- Develop compelling messaging to diverse audiences, including healthcare, insurance, community-based organizations, media, businesses, government and policymakers
You’re a great fit for this role
- At least 10 years of experience leading and executing go-to-market (GTM) strategy and communications in an enterprise B2B environment, ideally a blend of start-up and scaling to IPO.
- At least 10 years of experience focused on marketing for SaaS products
- At least 10 years of experience with category creation and GTM strategies (strong preference for experience within the following segments: Federal, SLED, Enterprise, Channel).
- At least 10 years of data-driven experience digging into the data to influence decision-making, pipeline generation, revenue growth, and brand health.
- Experience creating and leading focus groups to review and improve current products and identify new potential revenue streams
- Experience working collaboratively with executives across various teams such as Product, Sales, Government Affairs, and other teams to deliver and execute vision and strategy.
- Experience communicating to diverse audiences through a variety of mediums and outlets
- History of a strong partnership with C-Level executives, board members, and other senior leadership
- Track record of driving successful initiatives nationally – focused on the mission, impact, brand identity, and stakeholder audiences
- Experience bringing a new solution or new product to market
- Proven ability to structure, attract, develop, and retain a diverse, cohesive, goal-oriented, and successful team
Nice to Have:
- Marketing to government agencies
- Experience working within healthcare or health plans
- Familiarity with legal and policy advocacy communications
Unite Us’ mission is to unlock the potential of every community. Our co-founders started Unite Us in 2013 to serve the people they served with. They witnessed firsthand the barriers and inefficiencies in trying to navigate health and social services, and set out to improve that experience for veterans and their families. Unite Us quickly expanded to serving all people who need connections to care across our country. Through Unite Us’ national network and software, community-based organizations, government agencies, and healthcare organizations are all connected to better collaborate to meet the needs of the individuals in their communities. We drive the collaboration to predict, deliver, and pay for services that impact whole-person health. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us.
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position is remote, U.S. based
- The target pay range for this role is: $250,000-$280,000. This salary range represents our national target range for this role. Some geographic areas may have higher target ranges.
- Total compensation includes base salary, variable cash compensation, and equity [consistent with the role]
- This position may require 10% travel
- All team members will be required to pass a background check which includes criminal, employment, and education verification
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-23