SVP, Public/Government Affairs
Scope of Work
The SVP of Public Affairs will oversee the Policy, Political and Corporate Social Responsibility teams. Public Affairs is responsible for executing short and long-term strategy for all current and future regions. This position will inspire, develop and lead a team of professional, skilled in government relations, public policy issue management, corporate social responsibility and political giving all while aligning such work to the Company’s business interests and objectives. Additionally, they will ensure best practices across jurisdictions, and will serve as the public face of the team.
This position manages all employees of the Public Affairs department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department alongside the HR department.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- 10-15 years’ experience in policy, political or regulatory environments and political campaigns
- Experience establishing and managing a political action committee or independent expenditure campaign
- Track record of effective and respected leadership of people and teams
- Strong understanding of and experience with effective public policy, political advocacy, public affairs programs, campaign management concepts
- Ability to build strong partnerships across all areas of the organization and levels
- Press and media strategy for political and policy campaigns
- Cannabis experience not required
- 5-10 years’ experience in leadership, management, social change
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-07-17