System Director Government Relations
We Are Hiring
Dir-Government Relations – External Affairs – Full-Time, Days – AMITA Health Corporate – Navistar Building – Lisle,IL
Why Join AMITA Health?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
Supports the VP of Advocacy in implementing AMITA Health’s Advocacy Agenda. Directs development and execution of public policy and government affairs initiatives, articulates system policy positions, and supports lobbying strategies.
- Collaborates with the VP of Advocacy and senior leadership throughout the organization to develop and maintain strong relationships with policy influencers, including elected and appointed government officials, to advance AMITA Health’s public policy goals.
- Understands, develops and executes administrative and legislative strategy; tracks federal, state and local policy activity; and provides guidance on AMITA Health positions and messaging.
- Manages the on-going operations of the system-wide healthcare advocacy agenda at the state and local levels.
- Optimizes the utilization of best-practice Advocacy tools to advance AMITA Health policy priorities
- Develops, implements and maintains an internal public policy engagement strategy for AMITA associates.
- Collaborates with other members of the health care advocacy community to build coalitions as needed to further AMITA’s Advocacy Agenda.
- Oversees the work of contract lobbyists as needed.
- Manages Advocacy department, ensures department is operating within budget and remains in compliance with lobbying regulations and ethics rules.
- Ability to travel to Springfield and Washington DC as needed.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in health administration, public policy, political science, business, communications, health administration or the equivalent required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience in legislative or regulatory activities, health administration or legal research required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-30