Tax & Trade Policy Manager
Provide leadership to API and manage API’s strategic policy development on tax, trade and accounting policy issues as identified by the Vice President of Corporate Policy with the objective of supporting and advancing public policy to the benefit of API and its members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the development and implementation of tax, trade and corporate accounting policy for API.
• Critically assess pending legislation, regulatory efforts or administrative action that could be of impact to the industry in the area of federal income tax, state & federal excise tax, U.S. trade and corporate accounting policy. Provide quick and concise information on proposals as needed.
• Support API senior management in API’s broader mission and objectives by providing technical support in the tax, trade and corporate accounting policy areas.
• Act as the main API liaison for the Committees on Taxation and Accounting Policy & Finance as well as the Trade Work Group and Customs Subcommittee
• Coordinate various API Committee meetings and forums conducted throughout the year.
• Act as an advocate for the industry and represent API with policy makers in Congress and the administration (such as US Trade Representative and the Securities & Exchange Commission) as well as other organizations (such as Financial Accounting Standards Board), the media and other third parties.
• Support API’s advocacy teams as well as member companies on trade and corporate accounting policy positions including the analysis of third party studies and government data necessary to develop industry talking points and messaging.
• Manage API’s tax counsel on technical tax items impacting US federal income tax, federal and state excise tax and other significant tax issue impacting members as identified or directed by the Committee on Taxation.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• 10+ years of experience addressing trade or financial policy issues.
• Relevant advanced degree such as a JD, Master’s or MBA preferred. Undergraduate degree required.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze issues and present them in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Proven leadership capacity and the ability to handle multiple issues concurrently, to prioritize resources and staff, and to coordinate efforts among departments and committees.
• Possess high level of personal integrity and other essential leadership characteristics.
• Experience with the oil and gas industry preferred but not required.
• Ease with public speaking.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-02