Technology Policy Director
Director, Technology Policy
We are seeking an experienced Director, Technology Policy, to work closely with internal stakeholders to provide advice on regulatory developments, smart regulation, and emerging concepts related to a range of technology issues. This position provides candidates with a unique opportunity to work with colleagues on the business, engineering, legal, and policy teams on Public Policy issues critical to protecting TikTok’s users and ensuring key government officials, and to advance the firm’s commercial strategy. Candidates must be policy experts with experience analyzing legislation, regulation and policy trends, developing policy research, and drafting legislative text. Key to success in this role is the ability to be creative and innovative in developing user-protective approaches to technology. The ideal candidate for this role has deep experience drafting and analyzing regulations and legislation with an eye towards impact to our community of users and business innovation. Candidates must be able to work within a team across functions such as engineering, legal, policy, communications, and business. Clear and concise written and oral communications skills are a must to distill complex legal and regulatory text for a wide range of audience.
– Be part of the development, coordination, execution and oversight TikTok’s public policy initiatives
– Draft, edit and fact-check written materials used for internal and external audiences
– Collaborate between internal and external stakeholders on technology-related issues.
– Develop policy position papers for internal and external audiences
– Understanding of the US legislative and regulatory process
– Candidates will have a collaborative approach and strong work ethic
– 6+ years of experience working in policy
– Has published on tech policy or legislative issues
– Experience engaging with policy stakeholders
– Ability to bridge policy and technical audiences
– Ability to connect public policy, the interests of users, business and technical areas
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-03-05