Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Truth in Democracy Project Manager
The Truth in Democracy Project Manager will play a crucial role in developing and implementing education and advocacy strategies and activities to provide the public with information and tools to participate in our democracy and restore trust in the political system. This role will effectively manage and coordinate our Truth in Democracy Project; maintain knowledge of project activities; and coordinate appropriate national staff to support resources and tools to the field and effectively manage the day-to-day operation of the project. This position reports to the Senior Director of Mission Impact.
This is a contract funded position. The continuation of this role is reviewed annually and based on the renewal of the funding contract.
- Oversee all aspects of a cross-departmental project, including day-to-day operations, effectively communicating the vision, ideas, and goals to internal and external stakeholders, and lifting up state successes.
- Coordinate cross-team strategies to build and support effective internal communication, including monitoring action items and deadlines for staff and impact metrics.
- Produce reports as required to keep staff and the Board of Directors informed of progress and activities.
- Take the initiative to build strong, trusted, and authentic relationships with League leaders and partner organizations.
- Represent LWV to external audiences at meetings, events, and conferences.
- Produce training toolkits, fact sheets, letters, emails, and other materials in support of project goals.
- Support the use of online organizing and reporting tools to support project goals.
- Monitor and manage project budget in collaboration with Senior Director of Mission Impact.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or comparable experience, required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience managing a multi-state or national project.
- Working within a federated or other affiliate model a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking experience, strong attention to detail, and excellent people skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and complete tasks within assigned time periods.
- Ability to produce high-quality written materials and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify gaps in work and take on projects to ensure seamless workflow and project delivery.
- Ability to administer and coordinate groups of individuals effectively through teamwork, delegation, conflict resolution, and coaching.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering high-quality trainings.
- Ability to organize staff and/or volunteers.
- Customer service oriented and ability to work as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and Office 365 required.
- Experience with VAN, Salesforce, Salsa-Engage, website back-end systems, Zoom, OutreachCircle, and project management software a plus.
- Budget management and grant-reporting experience a plus.
- Fundraising experience is a plus.
The salary range for this position is $90,000. We have a generous benefits package that includes 95 percent employer-sponsored health insurance, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation days, sick days, pre-tax transit benefits, and the opportunity to contribute to a 401(K) plan.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-24