Twitter Policy Communications Fellow
What we’re looking for:
The Policy Communications team is seeking a Policy Communications Fellow to support Twitter’s efforts ahead of the 2020 U.S. elections.
What you’ll do:
- Assist policy Communications team with daily press inquiries to help ensure we’re responding in a timely fashion and build coverage reports related to the 2020 elections;
- Monitor key emerging issues regarding the 2020 elections, and assist the Policy Communications Manager in providing media analysis and insight for the Public Policy and Communications teams;
- Provide administrative and operational support to the Policy Communications Manager and assist in the preparation and development of key resources, e.g., briefing materials, coordinating press events, monitoring reports, Q&A documents, blog posts, Tweets; and
- Support the Global Communications and Public Policy teams to effectively support their campaigns.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 2-3+ years of experience in communications/public relations/public policy;
- Previous experience working in media relations;
- Motivation to thrive in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines;
- Solid project management and organizational skills;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the U.S. political landscape;
- A global outlook and an ability to work with different cultures and perspectives;
- A compassionate and empathetic approach to work and a strong team player; and
- Flexibility, amiability, and willingness to learn and be challenged.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-09-29