US Government & Community Affairs Leader
At RBI, we are driven by a big dream, working together to build the most loved restaurant brands in the world. We look for diverse and driven talent, who want to be owners of our vision and are hard-working, good people. We have over 27,000 restaurant locations in 100+ countries with plans to reach more than 40,000 locations in the coming years. As RBI grows, our talent will have an opportunity to grow too.
The United States is the home market for our Burger King and Popeyes restaurant brands and we seek to build productive, working relationships with government officials and industry associations in the U.S. related to public policy initiatives that affect the restaurant sector and our business in particular.
As our new leader of US Government & Community Affairs at RBI, you will be responsible for the development and execution of a government relations strategy for the company in the US. This will include identifying priority public policy initiatives at both the federal and state levels that impact our business, and work closely with key industry associations to deliver on our objectives. Additionally, RBI seeks to have impactful community contributions in Florida and Miami where our Burger King, Popeyes and Tim Hortons US head offices are based, and this new role will lead our efforts to engage and prioritize our efforts with local communities.
- Develop and execute a government affairs strategy for the US market that considers the unique perspectives of RBI and its brands and the opportunities for each at the federal and state levels.
- Work with industry associations to establish public policy priorities to advocate
- Monitor, track and assess emerging regulatory activities to evaluate impacts on the QSR industry and on RBI.
- Build and expand relationships with key government stakeholders important to RBI’s priorities in order to gain and share an understanding of emerging issues and to develop appropriate strategies.
- Represent the organization with government stakeholders to support or oppose legislation, while raising awareness about RBI and its brands.
- Provide strategic recommendations to senior leadership regarding government initiatives and related business impacts and opportunities.
- Represent RBI and its brands in industry associations and seek opportunities for building coalitions with likeminded companies and interest groups
- Create presentations in a clear and persuasive manner for both internal and external company stakeholders, Company leaders and restaurant owners/franchisees.
- Prepare high level briefing notes for senior leadership in advance of meetings with government stakeholders.
- Lead RBI’s community efforts, including with local community organizations, business improvement bodies and other industry associations at the Florida and Miami levels.
- University degree in related field. Preferred disciplines include public relations/affairs, communications, political science, public policy
- 10+ years of government affairs experience required
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of the legislative, regulatory and political process in the US
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are essential for liaising with outside consultants, colleagues in other departments, franchisees and government officials
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality and responsive client relations
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate with key stakeholders across cross-functional teams and external organizations.
- Ability to independently create strong and persuasive presentations
- Ability to work with minimal daily direction
- Knowledge of the quick service restaurant industry an asset
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-22