US – Head of Communications
LumApps is seeking a Head of Communications in Austin, TX to manage external and internal communications to promote the LumApps brand in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. This role involves working with various contacts at Lumapps: general management, department managers (sales director, marketing director, etc.) and various operational staff members. Part of the mission will include developing and creating content for sales and marketing teams for both print and digital media. Well-researched and accurate content will be produced on tight deadlines. The Head of Communications will operate with a great deal of autonomy and be expected to take initiative with minimal direction, while also serving as a mentor to the existing team. You will continually communicate with leadership, clients, and potential interview sources.
- Design and implement the communication strategy
- Increase international brand recognition
- Define content with the team (success stories, business use cases…)
- Define, audit and challenge a global communication policy / plan
- Manage all projects and external partners around: public relations / press relations / events / advertising / partnerships / web / social media
- Measure the impact and effectiveness of the means deployed: ROI and KPIs of notoriety
- Manage a team of 3 people including mission and skills development
- Research markets and industries to compare leading strategies and create campaigns that are innovative and original
- Deliver reports on current strategy to define new targets and needs
- Establish global communication strategy for LumApps’ brand & deliver a plan for brand enforcing
- Contribute to brand building via multiple channels, including: media, PR, events, sponsorships.
- Manage key media contacts and communication agencies
- Be able to act as a Communication Advisor to key Executives and the LumApps Board for key public communications (launches, emergencies, key enterprise moments) and on a day-to-day basis with your direct Manager (C-Level)
- Contribute to an internal communications brand strategy inside LumApps to increase information flow between teams, collaboration practices and overall engagement
- Report on a regular basis: deliver messages, goals and strategy at LumApps, from business unit managers to C-Levels
- Work with Marketing team (goals & content), bring communication expertise for LumApps core marketing activities (lead generation, events, etc)
- Animate internal intranet; write articles for internal communications
- Bachelor’s Degree required; specialization in communications, marketing, or journalism preferred
- 3+ years brand marketing or communication management
- Ability to be a driving force for proposals in one’s field in line with the team’s strategy and operational staff
- Ability to work in project mode inter-departmentally with international teams US, EMEA, JAPAC
- Mastery of communication tools and channels: digital, events, PR, communication, social networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the software publishing sector (a plus)
- Demonstrated prior leadership
- Strategic and creative
- Customer-oriented and customer service oriented (internal and external)
- Well organized and structured; able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self learner, team player, enjoys sharing ideas and knowledge
- Self-motivated, flexible, and shows initiative
- English as a native language; French fluency would be a plus
What you’ll enjoy:
- A program designed with your success in mind. We’re looking for an intelligent, hard-working, and ethical individual who will appreciate a well-coached path to a rewarding career;
- A competitive base salary –
- The ability to work in a company that was recently recognized by BuiltInAustin as one of the “Best Places to Work”, as well as the #1 “Best Paying” employer in Austin;
- 100% employer-paid benefits for employees, starting day one;
- Awesome coworkers and culture;
- 401(k) with employer match;
- So much more!
LumApps helps organizations transform the way they communicate, collaborate, and engage with their customers, partners, and most importantly, their employees. Leading companies rely on our solutions — LumApps Social Collaborative Intranet and LumApps Employee Social Advocacy — to make their teams more productive. Our solutions contribute to smarter, more efficient, and better-connected workforces around the world. Because ultimately, our mission is to make people feel that they belong and have a purpose.
From humble beginnings in 2012, LumApps has grown to seven global offices in New York, Austin, San Francisco, Paris, Lyon, London, and Tokyo, serving more than 4 million users worldwide. To date, we’ve raised $100M from top venture capital firms to support companies like Veepee, Colgate-Palmolive, Japan Airlines, Airbus…
If our core values of: “Be bold, do amazing things”, “Say what you mean, Do what you say”, “One team, Same mission”, and “Always be evolving,” speak to you, apply to join our team today!
It is the policy of LumApps to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, LumApps will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-17