Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
US Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Determined. Imaginative. Curious. If these are some of the ways you describe yourself — we want to learn more about you! At TC Energy, we are Energy Problem Solvers — passionate about transitioning North America to cleaner energy while meeting the energy demands of today and tomorrow. If that sounds like a challenge you want to help tackle, we want you to join our team!
Posting Close Date: 11/26/2022
Our US Pipeline Safety Regulatory Compliance team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence to support our DOT pipeline compliance throughout the US Natural Gas business unit. This position will be responsible primarily for providing regulatory compliance support and guidance for an identified operating region with US Gas Operations. This will include facilitating both internal inspections and external inspections of our pipeline, liquified natural gas (LNG), and underground natural gas storage facilities with Federal and State agencies.
We are seeking a Regulatory Compliance Specialist who has knowledge and experience in managing multiple priorities and initiatives with various internal and external stakeholders from initiation to completion.
What you’ll do
- Provide overall support and guidance to ensure documented adherence to state and federal regulations for 49 CFR 191, 192 and 193 as well as TC Energy internal programs and processes, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company standards
- Lead and participate in Federal and State inspections for their respective Region
- A key aspect of the role is to communicate regulatory interpretations to our business unit management team with the intent of implementing continuous productivity improvements, product/service quality improvements, and management of change
- Establish and maintain relationships across the business and with external regulatory bodies, enhance credibility and trust, and influence and manage at multiple levels of the organization
- Represent TC Energy in all aspects of Department of Transportation regulatory requirements with State and Federal Agencies
- Support emergency response and associated exercises
- Identify process improvements and best practices observed in the field or recommended by others and ensure implementation by working with key stakeholders
- Understand and provide guidance on established regulations, standards, best practices, company policies, procedures, practices and their applicability to the company
- Support and disseminate changes to various DOT compliance programs
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 6+ years of experience in DOT Regulatory Compliance
- Strong knowledge of 49 CFR 191, 192 and 193 regulations
- Possess excellent computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Teams, PowerPoint and SharePoint)
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience with LNG operation and maintenance procedures or working knowledge of NFPA 59-A
- Experience participating or administering DOT Inspections
- Underground Natural Gas Storage experience
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. #LI-Hybrid
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-18