US State & Local Government Affairs Manager
We are looking for a government affairs & public policy professional based in San Francisco to join Salesforce’s Government Affairs team. The S&L Government Affairs Manager would work directly on the US State & Local Government Affairs team to represent Salesforce’s interests at the state and local levels in California, Hawaii, and the South West.
- Represent Salesforce’s interest with key government stakeholders including executive and legislative leaders, and high-level administration officials on a wide range of business and social issues
- Act as the primary point of contact for state and local civic, industry and/or policy associations
- Prepare briefings for executive interaction with policymakers and community leaders
- Analyze legislative and regulatory proposals to assess relevance and impact to Salesforce
- Draft advocacy materials and position papers, internal and external communications
- Review and recommend political and community-based corporate giving
- Review and recommend participation in non-Salesforce external events
- Drive and support strategic events including corporate announcements, employee engagements and major Salesforce events (Dreamforce, Trailhead DX, etc.). Coordinate and execute invitations, attendee pre-certifications, and schedules for the same
- Experience working in or with government (3-5 yrs) in San Francisco and/or Sacramento
- Experience reading, interpreting, and analyzing state and municipal legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience collaborating with people across different departments and organizations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, execute on management of simultaneous projects, and ability to travel up to 15% as required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, yet 100% in coordination with the team
- Experience working at a multinational technology company is a plus
- Experience working on candidate campaigns or issue advocacy campaigns
Accommodations – If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we’re helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.
Job posted: 2021-04-19