USCAN Communications Director
The Communications Director, USCAN is responsible for the development and deployment of the regions’ employee, media and executive communications strategy, keeping alignment with GE Healthcare’s overall communications strategy and global messaging. This role will support region business leaders by defining and executing a communications strategy and priorities. This individual will lead a small team of communicators specializing in external and organizational communications.
- In partnership with the region business leadership team, leverages the key business priorities to create communication strategies that move the needle for the USCAN region internally and externally.
- Develops plans to execute through multi-channel communications programs that further the region’s business success and commercial imperatives.
- Interacts with internal and external stakeholders to refine, improve and outline the communication plans.
- Responsible for ensuring that the image and reputation of GE Healthcare is represented positively.
- Works with the external affairs team to actively promote and protect the company in the media (trade, consumer & social), financial community, general public and other centers of influence.
- Build and execute thought leadership strategies for key leaders of the USCAN executive team (eg. LinkedIn articles, speaking engagements, etc.)
– Working with the USCAN Marketing and Commercial teams, partner with customers and prospects to jointly tell outcomes-driven stories.
- Drives business growth and cultural change by providing thought leadership and change program counsel to the region business leaders and key members of the staff.
- Provides executives with communications guidance on complex, sensitive and business critical issues, including crisis management topics and scenarios.
- Collaborates with broader Corporate Marketing and Communications team to execute global external and internal communications plans and programs within the region, which support business strategy and priorities, and drives awareness and engagement of key culture and operational initiatives and activations.
- Partners with the region’s key partners on critical organizational projects such as acquisitions, integrations or divestments; organizational realignments or restructuring; and key periodical employee formalities such as Union negotiations.
- Integrates public relations and employee communication messaging from GE Corporate and GE Healthcare with a focus on leveraging new communication technologies (i.e. social media) to ensure capturing right internal and external audience.
- Serves as a crisis communications point of contact for specific business issues, potentially including cross-GE Healthcare issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing, or a related field and minimum 6 years communications experience OR minimum 8 years communications experience covering organizational communications, PR or marketing communications
- A track record of influencing and engaging successfully with external stakeholders (thought leaders, key opinion leaders, influencers, press, governments) at the highest levels in a highly regulated, politically sensitive and technical environment
- A track record of influencing and engaging successfully with senior internal leaders, driving employee engagement and managing through change
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with ability to simplify complex issues and act quickly with sensitivity to a range of external perspectives
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of the business drivers
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated teamwork skills
- Successful people leadership record
- Clear interest and understanding of current affairs, politics and public opinion and the ability to gauge the effects of these on present and future business plans
- Ability to work in a complex business matrix, meeting the needs of both the P&L and the Corporate Marketing and Communications Function
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- MBA or higher degree or equivalent
- Previous Communications experience in a corporate environment
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator with over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally. We enable clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by our Edison intelligence platform. We operate at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health – digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improving outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional
development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran
status or any other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-06