Vice President 2, Public Relations
WHO WE ARE
The Division Vice President of Public Relations will lead the development and implementation of external PR programs targeted at media, social media, influencers, and other external audiences, for execution at the Division and Region levels. He/she will serve as a liaison with both Corporate PR and Region Communications and must work cross functionally with all teams. This role will act as a key spokesperson for Comcast for both proactive and reactive needs and will need to have had on-the-record media experience as well as experience in social media, event management and crisis communications. The role will support members of the Division Senior Leadership Team and should bring the presence, experience, and accountability to deliver support to the Division President and his/her team. This leader must bring a proactive and creative approach to continue to evolve how we communicate externally with our most important audiences with a particular focus on proactive print, TV, radio and digital media campaigns and article placement and supporting Region Teams with same. Areas of Focus • Crisis Communications • Executive Communications • Marketing Communications • Media Relations • Content Creation • Events • Social Media • Multimedia • Reputation Management • Industry Awards • Speechwriting • Brand JournalismJob Description
- Influence, engage, and build relationships with key stakeholders across numerous platforms to shape and frame the public perception of Comcast’s Central Division.
- Anticipate, analyze, and interpret public opinion, attitude, and issues that may impact, for good or ill, Central Division operations and planning.
- Counsel management, at all levels in the organization, on policy decisions, courses of action and communications – including crisis communications – accounting for public ramifications and Comcast Central Division’s social or citizenship responsibilities.
- Protect the reputation of Comcast’s Central Division.
- Research, conduct, and evaluate, on a continuing basis, programs of action and communications to achieve the informed public understanding necessary to the success of Comcast’s Central Division’s aims. This will include, but is not limited to, marketing, customer experience, employer of choice messaging, community investment, government relations, and other programs.
- Plan and implement Comcast’s Central Division’s efforts to influence or change public policy.
- Oversee the creation of content to drive customer engagement and generate leads
- Serve as the primary communications executive responsible for coordinating with Corporate and Region Teams to communicate about Comcast’s products and services and overall vision and story.
- Work to protect the Comcast brand externally.
- Create communications strategies to proactively position Comcast’s products throughout the year; working closely to advise other business leaders and achieve desired results.
- Help to redefine how we communicate and create new ways to tell our story by combining traditional, digital, and new communications strategies.
- Closely integrate with internal communications and government affairs to ensure consistent and relevant communications and messaging for all audiences
- Prepare for known issues and events – provide strategic communications plans, standby statements, analysis
- Partner with teams from communications, digital, marketing, employee communications, government affairs, HR, and other business units to execute on all PR opportunities.
- Provide guidance to Division and Region SLTs in crisis communications situations; manage issues directly as needed.
- Manage a team providing appropriate direction, coaching, and career development opportunities, and support.
- Provide guidance to field communications leaders and partner with corporate teams (internal, digital and social media, government affairs and investor relations) on proactive and reactive consumer product communications.
- Entrepreneurial leader who can define strategic opportunities and execute on them. The ideal person will constantly look for new, proactive opportunities that are executable and test new approaches regularly with Region and Division teams.
- Keen communications intuition, strong interpersonal skills, and a team-player approach.
- Experience working with editors, reporters, including on the record spokesperson experience.
- Hands-on approach with an ability to think strategically and execute personally – being able to do this effectively is key to success.
- Results-oriented, assertive, dynamic, energetic, confident, articulate and a self-starter able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Savvy, smart, efficient, fast-working, results-oriented.
- Great communicator, writer that can manage complex projects and deliver.
- Productive under pressure and able to deal with change. Must be comfortable with a fast-paced, on-call position.
- Exceptional oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced, evolving environment and anticipate future needs and trends.
Relevant Work Experience
15 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-13