Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Firehouse Strategies is a full-service public affairs firm focused on delivering targeted persuasion campaigns for a wide variety of corporate clients, including Fortune 50 companies, trade associations, coalitions, and nonprofit organizations. With over 30 political and PR experts based in Washington, D.C., New York, and Florida, Firehouse employs uniquely authentic strategies and asymmetric tactics to achieve clients’ desired outcomes.
Firehouse Strategies is seeking a full-time Vice President to join our rapidly growing public affairs firm in Washington, DC.
Vice Presidents at Firehouse play an integral role in managing the firm’s client engagements, while working in a fun, collaborative, and fast-paced environment. Candidates for this position have 5-7 years of experience working in a communications, political, or public affairs role with a background working on behalf of political candidates, members of Congress, presidential administrations, political party organizations, grassroots advocacy organizations, and/or public affairs firms.
Client Strategy: Work in coordination with the firm’s senior team to develop and execute client strategies, metrics, and plans for achieving client project success
Client Engagements: Drive day-to-day tactical execution of work product produced by the Firehouse team for client projects, ensuring account deliverables are achieved and team deliverables exceed client expectations
Media Engagement: Utilize relationships with key reporters, media bookers, producers, and third-party influencers both inside the Beltway of Washington and nationwide, to help pitch client-related public content in prominent media outlets
Business Development: Work in coordination with the firm’s business development team to help craft and prepare new business development proposals and pitches
Mentorship: Help onboard and mentor new employees joining the firm, oversee internal new team member roundtable training and skills development sessions, and help lead the firm’s Associates and Project Directors in their work and growth at the firm
- 5-7 years of professional experience in a communications, political, or public affairs role with a background working on behalf of political candidates, members of Congress, presidential administrations, political party organizations, grassroots advocacy organizations, and/or public affairs firms
- Proven ability to mentor, inspire, and lead team members to succeed
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with team members
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to leverage existing media relationships, specifically as it relates to pitching media content, such as media stories and op-eds, both inside the Beltway of Washington as well as nationwide
- Experience operating Microsoft Office Suite platforms, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Superb health and dental insurance benefits, with Firehouse paying 100% of the Carefirst Gold-tier reference plans offered by the firm.
- Excellent retirement benefits, with Firehouse providing a 401(k)-plan featuring a 3% employer contribution for all employees.
- Employer-sponsored financial planning services, with a dedicated financial planner offered by the firm to all employees.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, offering employees a way to set aside pre-tax pay for qualifying health care expenses, dependent care expenses, and commuting or parking expenses.
- 15 days of paid time off vacation per calendar year.
- Monthly stipend for cellular phone usage.
- Monthly firmwide social events.
- A fun and collaborative environment to develop and expand your career.
If interested and to learn more about the role, please send an email with a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2023-01-18