Vice President, Business Communications – (20001051)
As Vice President, Business Communications, you are a high energy, business focused leader who is ready to take on the challenge of establishing a new practice area within the Guardian Communications function. You offer world-class communications skills in the service of creating and distributing a variety of communications channels. You will offer a deep experience set and knowledge base in the life insurance industry which will allow you to quickly partner with the business line leaders, earning their trust and creating credibility for the function.
Able to direct the business aligned communicators to ensure that their contributions are maximized, you work in a consultative way to ensure that connections are made between enterprise priorities and the work taking place in the business units. As Head of Business Communications, you will also provide strategic oversight and execution of Guardian’s social responsibility partnerships and grant programs. Your insights will elevate overall communications, both written, verbal, and digital to a strategic level which will accelerate business performance.
- 15+ years of experience; having interfaced directly with senior leaders specifically in the life insurance industry.
- 5+ years of experience as the #2 to a Chief Communications Officer (CCO).
- Personable and able to forget strong relationships.
- High energy, with the passion to evangelize the value of the Communications function and demonstrate the value add that can be created.
- Ability to work directly with senior leaders and become a trusted, value added communicator partnering with them on all of their needs.
- Organizational savvy to navigate internal and external relationships; working across matrixed relationships to partner with the embedded communicators within CGM, IM, DTC, and EBTS; creating alignment and synergy and a community of practice among all.
- Ability to design and execute communications strategic plans tied directly to the objectives of the business and maximize impact.
- Excellent written and listening skills.
- Collaborate across business and functional lines to diagnose upcoming needs and opportunities and deliver strategies against them.
- Provide strong insights to the life insurance industry and its drivers.
- Engage with relevant life insurance industry associations externally, proactively bringing back insights and best practices that Guardian can leverage such as participation, thought leadership, panels, OpEd’s and working with other CCO direct reports as needed to deliver.
- Demonstrate outstanding insights on Guardian’s business drivers and offer value added suggestions on proactive communications approaches to the embedded business unit communicators.
- WFH preferably metro NYC area
- Up to 20% travel within US
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with match.
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for more than 150 years. Every day, we serve approximately 27 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. As one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at guardianlife.com
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-19