Vice President, Communications
About the job
Whiteboard Advisors’ mission-oriented strategic communications practice is seeking a Vice President to join our growing team.
The ideal candidate is a tested PR professional with strong writing and media relations know-how and demonstrated experience providing excellent client service.
- Client strategy: must be able to develop and lead multi-dimensional campaigns that draw upon communications, research, and advocacy to achieve clients’ objectives.
- Media relations strategy development and execution: you’ll be tapped to develop and manage the execution of creative, compelling, targeted earned media strategies that bring client’s stories of growth, innovation and impact to life.
- Writing and editing skills: finalize client-facing work products including collateral, content, and thought leadership/white papers that showcase the work of innovative organizations and social impact entrepreneurs.
- Outstanding client service: serve as a trusted client partner who can consistently support and counsel clients.
- Influencer relations: identify and engage experts who drive the conversation in education and know-how to reach and engage them on behalf of clients.
- Capacity building: guide and mentor team members as they develop new skills and processes to strengthen organizational operation and strength.
- Project management: as a Vice President managing multiple client programs and team members, the successful candidate will have a proven track-record, go-to tools for effective time and project management in a dynamic environment.
- Research: be a nimble investigator to source and uncover important information quickly.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: bring creativity and a can-do spirit to problem solving.
- Operate with wisdom and speed: our clients demand speed and sound judgment, and so do we.
- Share your passion: our team is motivated by work with innovative companies and organizations that are driving socially transformative ideas in education, health, and workforce development.
- 8+ years of public relations experience managing multiple client engagements in fast-paced environments
- Communications experience in education ideal; familiarity with technology, workforce development, health and wellness, start-ups, social impact encouraged
- Excellent writing skills
- Equanimity under pressure; experience with crisis communications
- Experience identifying, securing, and managing media, writing, and speaking opportunities for clients
- A curiosity about the world and demonstrated commitment to social transformation
About Whiteboard Advisors
Whiteboard Advisors is a multidisciplinary consulting and communications firm. We design creative communications strategies to help transformative businesses and organizations achieve their goals. We conduct complex research and generate reports to inform the field. We track and report on public policy developments that impact the work of practitioners across the education and workforce ecosystem.
We are a team that cares deeply, and works daily, to address issues of equity and access in education and the workforce. We aspire to be a place where every member of our team can bring their authentic, whole selves to work — and to bear on the work we do together. We strive to create a workplace that is not just equitable and just, but creates a sense of belonging. We hope that those values are reflected in the way we compensate and engage employees, and the choices we make about the clients we serve.
Like most organizations, we are far from perfect. Translating our values and aspirations into action is, and will be, hard and ongoing work. We are working hard to create a context where everyone is heard, and individuals at every level of the organization can play a role in co-creating our future.
We hope that this post attracts applicants who will join us in doing not just the jobs to be done in service of our clients, but the often hard and messy work of building a culture and practices that reflect our shared intent and values. It’s work that we will continue to do together. And we hope you will consider joining us on that journey.
Whiteboard Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any type. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-17