Vice President, Communications
About the job
Vice President, Communications: The National Beer Wholesalers Association is seeking a Vice President of Communications to serve as the Association’s chief communications officer reporting to the CEO. This role is responsible for developing and executing public relations strategy to advance the Association’s advocacy agenda and membership priorities consistent with the strategic plan. The Vice President manages two direct reports and a team of external consultants. This position is a unique opportunity to join a lean and high performing nonprofit trade association.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serve as a member of the executive team and as a key strategic advisor to the Association CEO, Board of Directors, Association officers and staff.
· Develop membership communications and initiatives aimed at building an educated and engaged membership.
· Manage external communications, including media relations, promoting the Association and its membership and their economic, commercial and competitive value.
· Oversee the Association’s digital communications, including several websites, social media accounts and video production.
· Create and manage advertising campaigns to advance the Association’s advocacy agenda in print, digital and new media.
· Oversee content, production and distribution of all public affairs materials, including the Association’s daily newsletter, publications, website, membership communications, marketing materials, videos and official statements.
- Serve as chief editor for all Association written projects and publications, ensuring consistency and professionalism in all written materials, print advertisements and media messages.
- Assist the CEO and elected leaders in preparing public communications, including speeches to outside groups and at the Annual Convention, Legislative Conference, board meetings and industry forums.
- Develop marketing plans for annual meetings, including the Annual Convention, Legislative Conference and Next Generation Conference. Collaborate with the event production team and oversee meeting promotion, video production onsite and video and digital content for meetings.
- Manage internal department staff and an external team, including consultants for strategic communications, digital and video production
To be successful in this role, you will need: • Undergraduate degree. • Minimum 8-10 years professional experience in communications • Ability to manage internal staff and consultants • Excellent communication and presentation skills • Experience in generating positive media • Experience on Capitol Hill or in the policy arena, public relations agency, media, trade association or related industry a plus • Maturity, discretion and professionalism while working independently and in a collaborative environment • Ability to work independently and within teams in a fast-paced and high-volume environment • Demonstrated respect for diversity and multicultural sensitivity
Required Documents: • Resume • Cover Letter
Employees of NBWA enjoy a fun and challenging environment with a wide range of competitive benefits. Benefits include comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance coverage; paid holidays and leave; transportation subsidy; tuition reimbursement; group life insurance; 401(k) match and retirement plan; and long-term disability coverage. NBWA is an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) is a 501(c)6 trade association that provides leadership that enhances the independent beer distribution industry; advocates before government and the public; encourages the responsible consumption of alcohol and offers programs and services that will benefit its members. Associated organizations include the National Beer Wholesalers Association Political Action Committee and an educational foundation, The Center for Alcohol Policy.
The National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) represents America’s 3,000 independent beer distributors who service every state, congressional district and media market across the country. Licensed at the federal and state levels, beer distributors get bottles, cans, cases and kegs from a brewer or importer to stores, restaurants and other licensed retail accounts through a transparent and accountable regulatory system. Distributors build brands of all sizes – from familiar domestic beers to new startup labels and imports from around the world – and generate enormous consumer choice while supporting more than 140,000 quality jobs in their home communities. Beer distributors work locally to keep communities safe by sponsoring programs to promote responsible consumption, combat drunk driving and reduce underage drinking.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Job posted: 2021-02-02