Vice President of Communications
About the job
Growing and thriving full-service marketing and PR agency seeking a highly motivated and experienced Vice President of Communications. This role will be responsible for orchestrating all communications and public relations for our clients and company goals. Overseeing our PR, Social Media, and Campaigns departments, this leader will help build and refine client narratives for key audiences, put together strategies, systems, and campaigns that will scale our ability to effectively communicate client stories, and further business objectives and brand goals.
While this role is currently remote, we expect that this individual will work in-office at our San Francisco headquarters. Our agency is expanding quickly and the opportunities are endless for individuals who are willing to put in the work to grow their career.
What we are looking for:
- A dynamic leader with a passion for storytelling
- Demonstrated ability to define and build a communications and PR plan that can effectively manage all external communications, public affairs, and media relations
- A bold, forward-thinking approach, with eagerness to devise and execute major communications strategies and campaigns to support strategic objectives and brand goals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead communications and PR teams and guide them in using strategy and goal-driven campaigns to reach audiences
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and implement campaigns across various marketing channels and overseeing them to completion
- Ability to become point person for all client public relations strategy, planning, execution, and communication
- Expertise in collaboration and coordination with various teams to communicate project needs and requirements, with the ability to keep teams on track, on time, and within the creative brief scope
- Strives to achieve the best possible outcomes for all projects to meet client expectations and project goals
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective feedback to teams and make informed decisions and approve/reject ideas
- Monitor results of team efforts and propose actional improvements for future success
- Demonstrated ability to build deep relationships with press and influencers, provide coaching and talking points on media inquiries, as well as work with marketing and creative professionals within the company to help shape communications across all channels
- Strong background in Communications, Public Relations, or Social Media leadership role, with an expansive understanding of multi-channel media relations and communications strategies
- Outstanding leadership and organization skills
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, and meticulously detail-oriented
- Minimum 6 years experience in the communications field
- Minimum 4 years in a leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, or related field
About Our Culture
Nuvolum is a full-service, integrated marketing and PR firm that takes pride in everything we do. Our diverse and talented team is inspired to bring ideas forward, keep learning, and provide mutual support. We champion each other’s successes and lean in when challenges need solving. We foster a team atmosphere and friendly environment, so every member can rise to the occasion to meet their potential.
We can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
If you feel like you’d be a great fit in our team, please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to meet you!
Job posted: 2021-06-02