Vice President of Communications
The Bank Policy Institute is a fast-paced, leading advocacy organization for America’s financial services industry. We work directly with CEOs, executives, and other key figures in the financial world to make sure policymakers enact legislation and regulation that is good for consumers, businesses, and the American economy.
As a CEO-driven trade association, the communication’s team works to craft compelling and engaging messaging to make sure policymakers enact legislation and regulation that is good for consumers, businesses, and the American Economy.
We are seeking a talented and self-driven individual responsible for drafting and editing BPI’s public-facing communications materials. The candidate will be an integral part of the communications team and must have a passion for writing with outstanding editing skills. The candidate must also be an outgoing networker capability of developing and maintain strong relationships with members and 3rd party stakeholders.
- Manages organizations weekly newsletter. This includes:
- Sourcing, drafting and editing all content
- Redefining strategic objectives to broaden readership and increase open rates and click-throughs
- Drafts press releases, fact sheets, one-pagers, and talking points for multiple audiences including media, capitol hill staff, BPI members, and the broader public
- Copy edits internal and external documents including presentations, briefings material, memos and other highly visible documents as needed
- Ghost writes op-eds and blogs in support of advocacy objectives
- Repurpose complex academic quality research and legal analysis into one-page summaries that are more consumer-friendly and easy to understand and can be shared with broader audiences
- Attends events and conferences to expand network and gather information that can be shared with BPI staff.
- Helps conceptualize and organize issue-specific public-facing panel discussions and private salon dinners with member bank executives, 3rd party stakeholders, and media
- Works with the communications team to develop and author interesting multimedia content that supports BPI advocacy campaigns (examples include: scriptwriting for videos, social media content, infographic content)
- 3-5 years of experience writing in a demanding fast-paced environment (journalism, Capitol Hill, or public relations experience preferred)
- Familiarity with prudential banking regulations.
- Experience working on issue-based advocacy campaigns.
- Proven experience writing highly visible public-facing documents. (Examples must be provided, and a writing test will be required.)
- Demonstrated ability to build strong networking contacts.
- Collaborative and deadline and ideas-driven.
- Professional and able to communicate effectively with senior-level executives.
- Trustworthy with good judgment and discretion.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-02