Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs
About the job
• Lead all communications and public affairs efforts on behalf of CDIA, collaborating with CDIA staff, CDIA members’ PR teams and CDIA’s PR agency.
• Develop long-term strategic member and external communications programs that support CDIA members in public and policy settings.
• Manage PR agency on all aspects of communications strategy and support- earned and owned media, digital and social, content creation.
• Provide day-to-day strategic counsel on communications best practices and approaches in support of the CDIA’s federal and state advocacy agendas.
• Manage the implementation of public relations and advocacy strategies and tactics and public policy campaigns, working in partnership with CDIA Members and PR agency.
• Build and nurture strong relationships with DC-based financial services and consumer affairs media, positioning the organization as the “go-to” source for information on the consumer reporting ecosystem.
• Interact with media at all levels, serving as on- and off-the record spokesperson, determining when other CDIA staff should speak to media on-and-off the record.
• Compose CDIA press releases, speeches, presentations and other association content.
• Manage website content by giving final approval for all content before it is posted.
• Participate in management and stewardship of CDIA as a member of the senior team.
• Ability to translate complex policy issues into well-written material for public consumption.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with editing and proofing.
• Proficient in current Microsoft Office.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to details.
• Ability to work independently while focusing on priorities and delivering results at a fast pace within short time frames.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
• Must be a motivated and proactive problem-solver.
• Bachelor’s degree with a degree in Journalism preferred.
• 7-10 years’ experience in public affairs/public relations/journalism.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-28