Independent Community Bankers of America
Advocates the association’s policy positions before Congress (both House and Senate), both political parties, financial regulatory agencies, and the executive branch. Presents association policies to members, other financial groups, and the media.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain continuous contact with members of Congress, their personal staffs and committee staff.
- Orchestrate grassroots/grass tops lobbying efforts to motivate members and influence Congress.
- Attend PAC events.
- Assist association members visiting Congressional offices and agencies.
- Develop, draft and negotiate bill language and/or amendments.
- Cover and report on Congressional hearings and legislative markups.
- Work with association members to formulate association positions.
- Assist in developing strategies for lobbying Congress in coordination with legislative and regulatory teams.
- Write testimony, letters, position papers, regulatory comments, and articles.
- Help prepare association members testifying before Congress and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare for, attend and report on association committee meetings and other events.
- Respond to banker and press inquiries.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other lobbyists, trade associations and coalitions.
- Work with state associations on Federal legislation.
- Represent association at industry conferences and other gatherings.
Areas of legislative responsibility:
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments in assigned areas.
- Analyze legislation in assigned areas for impact on community banks.
- Assist other members of the legislative team on priority issues.
- Minimum BA degree; law or public policy degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of related government or trade association experience, including working knowledge of banking and financial services issues; Congressional experience preferred.
- Strong written, analytical and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface well with members of Congress, Hill staff, member bankers.
- Able to work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel.
Job Posted: April 5, 2017