Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President, Consumer Markets (adidas)
Hill+Knowlton Strategies has an immediate need for a Vice President, Consumer Markets for our US adidas account along with an opportunity to grow into another consumer account. This is an opportunity to blend trends and culture into meaningful PR strategies for a Global brand. Do you live and breathe hype drops? Are you a sneakerhead? Then this is the role for you.
This position requires interaction daily with client teams and account junior staff, as well as collaborating with various H+K practices. This role requires an individual who is able to push the boundaries, always bringing fresh ideas to marry client campaigns with what is happening across sports and consumer culture.
The core focus of this role will include working with account teams on both day-to-day and longer-lead client projects. In this role, you will be expected to lead strategic planning and implementation of campaigns while also being proactive and opportunistic. You will be more than just advising your H+K teams and clients; you must be comfortable being involved in the day-to-day and doing the work too. You must be capable of providing executives and senior managers with unique insights and problem-solving guidance while still working closely with your team.
The account requires fast decision-making, the ability to prioritize, and the expectation that you maintain a thorough understanding of the media, hype, and sneaker landscape.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledgeable of sports, streetwear, music and sneaker trends. You have a constant pulse on what’s happening and are quick to identify the next rising athlete, creator or artist.
- You understand the evolving media landscape, looking to podcasts and digital channels (e.g. TikTok, Instagram) to drive PR strategies beyond traditional .com and broadcast.
- You will be rounding out a team to bring your proven experience
- An understanding of how to motivate junior staff.
- The ability to influence thinking and to “sell” ideas.
- Best in class presentation skills – we are often expected to present PR ideas to internal client teams & stakeholders.
- Mastery of client service best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills across a range of mediums (social media, long-form content, media materials/press releases, presentations, etc.).
- Experience leading a team and operating within a Global brand.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Establishing strong and trusted relationships with clients as senior advisor and true business partner
- Providing oversight with a client excellence mindset and commitment to quality work that exceeds expectations
- Providing strategic senior leadership and counsel, generating fresh, smart ideas, and leading consumer brand campaigns
- Crafting thoughtful points of view and recommendations based on a broad understanding of consumer behavior, media relations, and client landscapes
- Driving growth by identifying opportunities to sell in additional services and programs
- Directly managing and mentoring a collaborative team of smart and enthusiastic communications professionals; ensuring deliverables are met
- Developing written materials, including reports, press releases, presentations, analyses, coverage recaps, and general client correspondence.
- Leading team and client meetings.
- Managing budgets, and applying agency commercial practices and guidelines to successfully grow and manage account financials.
What you’ll need to get here:
- 8+ years of public relations experience; experience in sports, fashion, and music; consumer experience a must. Note this role is more than just straight-forward sports – it must combine
- Strong consumer brand background and experience leading consumer campaigns for complex, global organizations
- High-level consumer media relations strategy and execution experience
- Proven trusted client adviser: an active listener who builds strong partnerships and confidently offers counsel
- Strategic thinker: understands our client’s business and communications challenges and develops smart, insight-driven strategies
- Creative spark: brings a fresh perspective to our clients and develops ideas that challenge conventions
- Growth mindset: proactively seeks opportunities to drive organic growth
- Passionate: Lives and breathes the client’s business. Understands the client’s pain points.
- Operationally savvy: experienced at effectively managing multiple work streams and client budgets
- People-centric: committed to the development of team members through active coaching and mentoring
- Progressive mindset: interested in evolving communications and the role of PR within the marketing mix; brave enough to try new approaches and adopt new technologies and willing to take calculated risks to do better and more meaningful work
- Adaptable by nature with the ability to thrive under pressure and manage a variety of client contacts and priorities
- Energy and passion to contribute to and help foster a fun, collaborative, and thriving office culture
The base salary for this position at the time of this posting may range from $100K to $230K. Individual compensation varies based on job-related factors, including business needs, experience, level of responsibility, and qualifications.
At H+K here in the U.S., our first priority is our people and creating an experience for each employee that is positive and fulfilling. Do you like being able to work from anywhere and in a way that is best for your life? Come join us at H+K. Do you like working for the industry’s most exciting clients and supporting headline-grabbing programs? Come join us at H+K. Do you like working with nice people? Come join us at H+K. Do you like industry-best benefits, vacation time, wellness time, and parental leave? You guessed it, come join us at H+K.
Come join us at H+K. Where we believe in the power of “Being” everything that our employees need us to be – creating a work life that is all about Being Flex, Being Connected, Being Well, Being Empowered, and Being Valued. And we keep innovating and evolving our employee experience based on what we hear directly from our team members because we strive to be the absolute best place to work.
So, let’s recap, what to expect if you were to work at H+K:
- Nice, passionate colleagues and a supportive work culture
- Flexible work modes program, where you can choose whether you work from home, work from the office or a mix of both – a completely hybrid, distributed workforce
- Exciting clients and apps to stretch up and across to grow within the company
- Competitive compensation
- Amazing, industry-best benefits, such as
- Comprehensive and inclusive health, dental, vision, and wellness benefits
- Back-up care paid parental leave (16-week maternity leave!), and other family solutions
- Retirement savings and student loan refinancing partner options
- Incredibly good vacation and wellness time off, no matter your level
- Plus, other engaging employee programming, such as
- Ally and Mentorship program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Experience committees
- And, worth mentioning, frequent meetups and gatherings
Most importantly! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, H+K Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.
COME JOIN US!
Job posted: 2023-08-29