Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President, Corporate Communications
New York, NY
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Fanatics’ VP, Corporate Communications will work with the executive leadership team to craft, execute, and adapt the organization’s internal communications strategy and approach. This individual will serve as the primary source of information for all internal corporate communications and will proactively manage all internal (intranet) and external corporate websites on behalf of the organization to ensure consistent messaging across all platforms. She/he will work to gain visibility and appreciation for Fanatics’ brand image, events, community involvement, and engagement.
Internal and corporate communications will be a priority for this individual, who will be tasked with helping to manage both existing internal marketing/communications channels (i.e. Corporate Website, Corporate Social Media Accounts, global town halls), as well as emerging platforms (i.e. New Employee Intranet). This person will also lead the crafting of the narrative for companywide ESG reporting by collaborating closely with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
The right fit for this role is a proactive, self-starter with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is willing to respond to requests with urgency and enthusiasm.
What You’ll Do:
• Establish a vision for internal communications and develop innovative communication approaches (intranet, videos, digital screens, presentations, global town halls, etc.)
• Engage with the senior management and HR team to identify and drive a strategic internal messaging platform and strong employee communication plan to improve employee engagement
• Develop high-impact, innovative communication strategies that inform, engage, and inspire a global employee base around company values and vision.
• Draft memos, emails, and other communications on behalf of the senior executive team, including the CEO.
• Provide guidance to HR team on issues and opportunities to strengthen Internal and Employee Communication efforts/plans
• Assist with internal communications in response to crisis situations that affect organizational perception and reputation
• Support management team in preparing and delivering key employee communications/events
• Lead all internal employee communication channels, including developing and maintaining a dynamic employee intranet
• Be responsible for developing and supporting well-controlled, auditable processes to compile Environmental, Social and Governmental (ESG) related data and incorporate this ESG data into relevant external reports
• Utilize internal social media tools when appropriate.
What We’re Looking For:
• Fanatics seeks an innovative communications executive who is a proven strategist and has success aligning an organization’s commitment to the communities it serves
• 10+ years of experience in communications at an agency, brand, or relevant for-profit organization (a BA in journalism, communications, public relations, or marketing is preferred)
• Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, and creative skills
• Creative and driven individual who proactively identifies new areas for growth and provides regular recommendations on content, strategy, and tactics
• A passion for sports, with general knowledge of the apparel industry also preferred
• Strong experience/knowledge of social media and social media channels, tools, and techniques for driving reputation amplifying campaigns and projects
• Open to regular travel to events and other Fanatics offices for various offsite and team meetings
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Job posted: 2022-09-08