Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President, Corporate Reputation and Executive Visibility
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, has an immediate opening for seasoned and forward-thinking media strategist with a deep background in C-Suite and executive communications and strategy. The position provides a fantastic opportunity for an organized and skilled professional to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on corporate positioning and reputation, crisis situations, issues management, investor relations, executive positioning, and high-level media relations.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. As part of our ongoing effort to be the world’s most inclusive agency, we are committed to seeking candidates who possess and demonstrate a profound interest in furthering our DE&I goals.
- Act as a senior strategic counselor to client executives across all areas of corporate reputation.
- Regularly provide C-suite and executive-level recommendations tied to desired business outcomes.
- Develop and propose integrated communications programs that consider a strategic use of all available channels and resources – media and influencer relations, digital communications, social media strategy, research, etc.
- Generate incremental and new business opportunities by taking a broad view and offering strategic recommendations that drive innovative and award-winning corporate reputation work.
- 12—15 years of experience in corporate communications and media strategy, with a deep background for developing and executing programs, including corporate positioning, crisis and issues management, investor relations and financial communications, business media relations and executive communications. Agency experience is a must and in-house experience is a plus.
- Ability to engage with and counsel C-Suite and senior level decision-makers across the client’s business and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company. initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing and leading teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget.
- Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed account teams. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Experience managing accounts for effectiveness and profitability, including establishing meaningful metrics and scorecards for gauging program effectiveness, and overseeing the development and management of budgets, team structure and client reporting.
- Strong crisis experience and comfort level working directly with C-suite and senior leaders, including managing issues and crises, developing crisis preparation and response plans, building core messages, conducting reputation repair efforts and overseeing news media relations – reactive and proactive – in light of crisis
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, position papers, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier business and trade media, and well-developed skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Investor relations experience, including understanding the quarterly earnings process, earnings releases, IR strategy development, annual report writing & project management, understanding of the proxy and annual meeting process, and financial media relations.
- High proficiency in recognizing and applying global and regional social, economic and policy trends that may impact current and future clients.
- A strong understanding of digital communications and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business or related field.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Cultivate diverse teams and contribute to an inclusive working and learning environment.
FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We’ve been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; the Human Rights Campaign’s “ Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for a decade. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Job posted: 2022-11-06