Vice President, Corporate Reputation and Public Affairs Research
Global Strategy Group
Washington, DC/New York, NY
Global Strategy Group (GSG), a research and public affairs firm, seeks a Vice President specializing in corporate reputation, public affairs, and message development research to join our growing team. GSG works with companies, causes, and candidates to develop and execute memorable and effective reputation and public affairs campaigns – the individual we are looking for will play a direct and major role in conducting the research and developing the strategy to bring these campaigns to life.
The ideal candidate will serve as a well-rounded and knowledgeable research expert and leader to clients, internal business development teams, and project management teams. Specifically, candidates should have extensive experience conducting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative research for:
– Corporate reputation tracking
– Creative testing
– Message development
– Thought leadership
– Public affairs
– Brand positioning
This role requires a proactive resourceful researcher with superior attention to detail and critical thinking skills, who brings positive and collaborative relationships to clients and members of the team.
The responsibilities for this position span across project execution, client support, team building, and business development.
- Leading qualitative and quantitative research projects from beginning to end with ultimate accountability for project success and quality of work product
- Managing all aspects of a research project, including developing objectives and methodology, determining sampling plans, drafting surveys and discussion guides, overseeing field, producing strategic and actionable analyses and deliverables
- Guiding, mentoring, and developing junior team members, including providing feedback to deliverables and helping them grow as researchers
- Overseeing and troubleshooting complex research projects, including testing for respondent experience, advanced programming logic, quota designs, data quality and fielding issues
- Moderating qualitative research engagements, including in-depth interviews, focus groups, and online discussion boards
- Presenting data to clients virtually or in-person
- Taking responsibility for financial success of assigned projects, including liaising with finance team on contracts, tracking invoicing and payment and monitoring costs
- Demonstrating exceptional people management skills, including ability to train and motivate others and work with a variety of people in a team setting
- Achieving organic growth of existing clients by building and nurturing relationships to help identify and generate new opportunities
- Leading new business processes, helping produce, edit, and deliver proposals and pitch presentations
- Engaging in external marketing, networking, and thought leadership to help build the profile of the firm and the team
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends and pushing the envelope to bring new, innovative research methods to the table
- 10+ years of experience in corporate reputation and/or public affairs research managing and leading client accounts and engagements
- Research design expertise, including sampling and quota structures, questionnaire development, reporting, analysis and data visualization
- Strong strategic consulting voice with a focus toward actionable insights and recommendations
- Demonstrated experience efficiently managing resources on projects to ensure financial success
- Superior attention to detail, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, curious, and resourceful with a passion for research and a tireless work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, listening skills, and presenting skills
- Expert level project management and organizational skills and a proven ability to successfully juggle multiple assignments and efficiently manage high volume of work
- Demonstrated experience mentoring, training, managing employees and delegating appropriately
- Experience with the marketing and new business process
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and maintain strong working relationships
- Firm understanding of statistics. Experience and/or advanced quantitative methods a plus
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Periodic travel required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send your information our way!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with why you want to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Global Strategy Group, LLC
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment.
Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today.
Our clients—which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits—rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At GSG, we are distinguished by our depth of talent. Our people are team players, straight shooters and problem solvers. We bring passion, energy and drive to everything we do. This all comes from our closely-held firm values, which have guided us since the day GSG opened its doors. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides a diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich atmosphere and are always looking for talented individuals to add to our culture.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-14