Vice President, Corporate Reputation
New York, NY
Based in New York City, NY Corporate & Public Affairs (NY C+PA) is a team of 100+ dedicated professionals and experts with backgrounds in political campaigns, government, philanthropy, journalism, digital media, creative strategy, management consulting, and integrated communications marketing. We help our clients build and protect their reputations and achieve their business goals while navigating shifting media, stakeholder and regulatory environments.
We are looking for a Vice President to serve as a leader on our Reputation team: a 30+ team within NY C+PA focused on cutting-edge integrated corporate reputation and public affairs communications campaigns on behalf of corporations, non-profits and academia.
You’ll drive growth and collaboration, leverage IP, facilitate organic growth, acquire and grow business, and advance internal initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and work across industries.
Client account work
- Provide exemplary senior counsel and superior client management to key clients as the account owner, supporting others as needed with client challenges as they arise, and driving organic growth of existing client work.
- Drive consistent excellence to solve complex client issues.
- Set up and lead data-driven and well researched traditional and integrated corporate communications programs to build reputation and brand trust.
- Expertly counsel clients across a range of industries to manage issues and meet business goals based on a deep understanding of the media, regulatory and stakeholder landscape.
- Set KPIs and manage stakeholder engagement, thought leadership, executive visibility, newsroom, and traditional media relations programs to exceed expectations.
New business and marketing efforts
- Drive new and organic business development, RFP responses and client acquisitions.
- Drive organic growth, building relationships with C-level Key Clients in partnership with Client Leads and Senior Advisors.
- Serve as an external Edelman ambassador to ensure a robust new business pipeline by pursuing opportunities with potential new clients.
Practice management, culture and people leadership
- Advance team capabilities and integration with the agency network.
- Lead staff and account teams by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable, conducting their reviews, overseeing their professional development, and building a diverse practice.
- Retain and recruit top-notch talent.
- Lead operational and financial performance of client account teams, ensuring consistent quality and innovative work.
- Has an exceptional record of leadership, strategy development, client management and team development.
- Has at least 8+ years of relevant experience in communications, i.e., agency, professional services, agency, senior corporate comms position (corporate, non-profit or government).
- Public affairs, public relations, or journalism.
- Is passionate about client service, new ways of thinking and teamwork.
- Has a strong understanding of how to communicate with teams and work from both client and agency perspectives.
- Understands a variety or research tools and techniques and how to turn research – primary and/or secondary – into client insights, strategies, and tactics.
- Has a track record of leading innovative communications programs that have advanced client business goals.
- Able to manage program budgets, prioritizing work and managing client expectations.
- Is a strong people manager, with the confidence, professionalism and entrepreneurial spirit necessary to manage a team.
- Is able to effectively prioritize and solve complex problems while making decisions with entrepreneurial mindset.
- Understands the new world of content development and can help teams develop content for owned, earned, and paid media efforts where appropriate, such as social media, infographics, video, etc.
- Demonstrates advanced writing, editing and presentation-development skills; project management skills; and consultative skills (including effective questioning, critical thinking, client management and communication methodology application).
- Loves to pitch, present, and win new business.
- Has experience in political campaigns, government and/or a highly regulated industry, i.e., energy, finance, transportation, or healthcare.
- Experience with digital/social platforms is a plus but not required.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job posted: 2021-09-12