Vice President, Director of Brand Communications
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Marketing and Communications group provides the tools, resources and guidance to support our bankers and wealth managers in growing existing client relationships and building new ones. We serve as a strategic partner to our stakeholders in helping to maintain a best-in-class Net Promoter Score through safeguarding and promoting our brand of exceptional client service.
Duties and Responsibilities
The VP, Director of Brand Communications will partner with the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer (CMCO), Senior Management and the VP of Brand Strategy, Communications to support corporate, reputation management and business continuity communications and programs for First Republic Bank. The role requires someone who is motivated by risk mitigation, has the ability to form strong relationships and build trust, and can think critically under pressure. It also requires someone who is passionate about communicating to the clients and stakeholders of an ultra-high-touch and well-respected brand.
What you’ll do as Vice President, Director of Brand Communications:
– Oversee corporate, reputation management and business continuity communications and programs for First Republic Bank
– Support business partners in developing communications strategies and deliverables for key initiatives to engage, motivate and align stakeholders with various projects and programs across the company
– Write, proofread and/or edit company-wide communications and announcements, talking points, presentations, plans and special projects
– Champion the coordination of company-wide communications, their messaging, launch dates, target audiences and channel selections; Develop a holistic communications calendar and measure the impact of the communications
– Ensure the Marketing and Communications department is at-the-ready to respond to potential scenario-based issues by maintaining and evolving business plans, templates and processes
– Develop communications plans to support First Republic’s community relations efforts and maintain consistent reporting of company impact and results
– Guard and enhance First Republic’s culture of service through communication strategies that foster core values and ensure a deep rooted understanding of the Bank’s history
– Partner with Marketing Risk Management to prepare for internal and regulatory audits
– Possess strong judgement and interpersonal skills to be able to work with highly confidential information
– Available to respond to critical business issues during off hours and over weekends
– Collaborate effectively with other department teams, and communicate and interface with other enterprise and department leaders as a representative of the CMCO
– Maintain high standards of excellent execution and exceptional service as a steward of the brand and representative of the department
– Adhere to all related regulatory and privacy requirements
You could be a great fit if you have:
– Minimum 10 years’ experience working in corporate communications or reputation management
– Excellent verbal, written and visual communications skills
– Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment
– Able to interpret strategic direction and both develop and execute on corresponding tactics, working with autonomy
– Maintain a compliance and consumer mindset, including knowledge of financial services regulations and ability to gauge whether there is any potential for risk
– Skilled at building networks and interpersonal relationships
– Strong project management and organizational capabilities, with an exceptional attention to detail
– Excellent organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize critical assignments and coordinate numerous projects simultaneously
– Charisma, sincerity and intention to gain the credibility and respect of senior leaders
– Team player and collaborator, who can lead through influence
– Embraces the Bank’s culture and values and provides extraordinary service
– Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
– Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-15