Vice President, Federal Affairs
The Vice President, Federal Affairs (VP) is responsible for working with Congress, federal agencies and departments on a wide range of legislative and policy issues on behalf of the Motion Picture Association, Inc. (MPA) and MPA member companies. The VP will report and be supervised by the Executive Vice President, U.S. Government Affairs (EVP), in analyzing legislative and regulatory developments, communicating developments with the MPA member companies, and works collaboratively to formulate and manage strategy to advance the initiatives and priorities of the member companies.
- Advocate on key priorities before Congress, the Administration, and other federal agencies on issues important to the MPA member companies.
- Develop advocacy strategies in support of MPA and member company priorities and devise an effective implementation plan.
- Cultivate relationships with Members of Congress and other federal officials and their staff, interacting with them on a regular basis.
- Work closely with member companies’ constituents on key policy, legislative items and other matters.
- Analyze, communicate and develop strategy on complex policy matters.
- Provide counsel and support with coalitions, industry stakeholders, and other external organizations on policy matters
- Collaborate on state and local government affairs issues as necessary.
- Help coordinate all activities related to the MPA PAC.
- Other projects and assignments as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in government or public policy.
- Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Must possess the highest level of professionalism, work ethic and integrity with the ability to maintain confidential business and political information.
- Strong working knowledge of the federal legislative process, including experience working with Congress, and federal agencies.
- Ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of leadership and professionalism with internal and external colleagues at all times, and build trustworthy relationships.
- Sound judgment, initiative and the ability to work as a team.
- Willingness to travel and work irregular hours.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-05