Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President, Federal Government Affairs
Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
As the Vice President of Federal Government Affairs, you will work closely with the Corporate Vice President of Public Affairs to implement the legislative strategy for Micron in Washington, DC. You will be part of our team that leads planning efforts, working across Government Affairs and the business to advise, educate and develop legislative strategy integrated in our broader global Government & Public Affairs strategy.
This position will report directly to the Corporate Vice President of Public Affairs, and will be based in Washington, DC.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Design and execute the strategies and tactics for achieving goals with relevant Congressional, Administrative and Agency organizations and persons by employing an innovative and effective team and set of external resources.
- Assist in leading, measuring and guiding external consulting resources to bring focus on issues or relationship development within the regulatory and legislative arenas or other areas of support as designated.
- Build an environment that both educates and deeply involves all other appropriate Micron leaders on legislative policy issues working closely with the Head of Policy & Research. This work will involve establishing meaningful structure, processes and information flow.
- Build, manage, oversee and run an internal Advisory Council for US Government Affairs, PAC Board, integrated with a Global Government Affairs Advisory Council.
- Ensure measurable and effective outcomes of the advocacy strategy through brand building, relationship management and strategic engagement and deployment of internal and external resources. Critical to this endeavor is development of appropriate actionable relationships with key Administration individuals, Capitol Hill and selected areas of the Executive Branch.
- Efficiently and appropriately build a plan to use executive leadership as political assets, advocates, and brand ambassadors, and lead them toward the attainment of legislative, policy and regulatory goals.
- Support the management and growth, governance and policies around Micron’s existing Political Action Committee, in partnership with the Head of State & Local Government Affairs, focusing especially on those geographic areas where Micron has a corporate footprint or the legislative districts of key influencers. Develop political engagement strategies beyond PAC for opportunities to engage with appropriate covered officials. Ensure compliance, internal education and understanding of the development.
- Continue to expand Micron’s brand in the policy and political community to include all appropriate outreach programs, civic event sponsorships, political fundraising events, third party groups, partnerships and development.
- Lead and grow a team of federal advocates to support the Micron agenda in Washington who can partner across global geographies, functional capabilities, and state, local, community and external affairs, sustainability and ESG, DEI, and other important efforts to build and sustain the Micron story and policy agenda.
Qualifications and skills:
- The ability to bring strong credibility to Micron’s brand and industry leadership in the policy ecosystem. This can be gained from: years of proven success as a government affairs/relations professional with 1) experience in the Federal Government, including within the executive or legislative branches, 2) global company facing similar issues, 3) other industry advocacy roles.
- A detailed understanding of the U.S. government including the interaction with the global landscape and trade policy, national security issues, manufacturing and technology stakeholders.
- If coming from another corporation or association, successful prior experience integrating the legislative policy developed by the federal government affairs team across a global company. Given the complexity of geopolitical, political and policy areas facing global companies and the semiconductor industry, the candidate must be able to work with diverse business lines and functional partners.
- Highly developed ability to comprehend, and predict, critical issues and trends, distill them to their important aspects, formulate an appropriate response and communicate strategies to all levels within Micron senior management team and within appropriate government constituencies.
- Knowledge of, and relations with, key U.S. stakeholders, Dept of State, Dept of Commerce, NSC, NEC are all positive attributes.
- Experience in the legislative environment at the Legislative or Executive Branch or agency level.
- Ability to persuasively communicate at the highest levels of government is essential.
- Undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree or a Juris Doctor is preferred.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center/Activity rooms (Boise/San Jose only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Please note that in order to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace for all Micron team members, new employment offers for jobs based in India, Malaysia, Singapore, and the U.S., are contingent upon the applicant’s provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document to Micron on a confidential basis prior to their scheduled start date confirming that they have completed the COVID-19 vaccination process, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-336-8918
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-25