Vice President, Financial Communications – (200807)
Edelman Financial Communications & Capital Markets is a boutique strategic consultancy with the reach and resources of a leading global communications marketing firm. We advise public and private companies on strategic communications and investor relations to help effectively position them with the financial community during transformative events as well as during the normal course of business. Our offering includes M&A, IPOs and spin-offs, crises, shareholder activism and IR. We also have a leading practice providing strategic communications counsel and support to firms in the alternative asset management and broader capital markets space. Clients choose to work with us because of our specialized and experienced financial communications team, our ability to provide the full range of Edelman’s services (such as digital and social media, public affairs and employee engagement) as well as our ability to access Edelman’s global network with more than 65 offices around the world. Visit us at: www.edelmanfincomms.com
- Serve as a lead on multiple accounts by guiding the strategic direction, anticipating client needs, ensuring quality control and empowering account team members to execute programs.
- Function as a well-informed communications advisor to c-suite client contacts at investment management firms, financial trade groups and public companies navigating material events.
- Seamlessly coordinate with clients’ other advisors, including law firms, lobbyists and proxy solicitors.
- Lead the development of strategies and plans that cover audience research, message development, mainstream media, social media, digital content and metrics-based measurement.
- Create and review content including messaging, op-eds, ad and website copy, social content calendars, infographics, video scripts, etc.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with financial communications colleagues in domestic and global markets.
- Supervise staff by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback.
- Participate in business development activities including networking, research, proposal writing and pitching to prospective clients.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience, preferably with some agency experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience with capital markets, investment and financial sector matters
- Strong media relations experience with financial reporters is required.
- Track record of overseeing relevant strategic communications, marketing and public affairs programs.
- Excellent inter-team skills and a desire to collaborate.
- Strong writing, presentation and analytical skills.
- Organized, proactive and self-motivated; anticipate upcoming client projects and deliverables.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Innate desire to provide excellent service to clients.
About Us Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job posted: 2020-09-09