Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President, Financial Regulation US Public Policy
About this role
BlackRock’s Global Public Policy Group (GPPG) supports the creation of regulatory regimes that increase financial market transparency, protect investors, and facilitate responsible growth of capital markets, while preserving consumer choice and properly balancing benefits versus implementation costs.
GPPG was established in 2009 to ensure that BlackRock, as the voice of investors, could constructively contribute to global public policy debates that promote an optimal global market ecosystem. Our mission is to be the voice of investors, partnering with businesses across BlackRock to deliver concrete policy results that enhance market functioning and advance BlackRock’s global growth objectives. Our ability to provide substantive, reliable and balanced analysis on a broad range of issues has cemented our reputation as a trusted and constructive resource to policymakers around the world. We engage with policymakers via multiple channels, including through thought leadership papers, letters and consultations, bilateral meetings, conferences, political support, and advocacy through industry bodies.
This role is for a Vice President in the US with a legal background and deep expertise in securities law.
- Define BlackRock’s position and engagement strategy on key issues impacting investors, collaborating closely with Legal & Compliance and other teams within BlackRock to ensure alignment of views.
- Review key legislative and regulatory proposals and provide technical recommendations and legal expertise.
- Author and review comment letters, consultation responses, white papers.
- Prepare presentation materials for engagement with policymakers, regulators, and clients.
- Lead engagement with and presentations to policy makers, regulators, trade associations, and clients on key issues, representing BlackRock’s views.
- Research issues of critical importance to the industry and take initiative to identify/implement engagement and response strategies with legislators and regulators.
- Build and maintain networks of contacts both within BlackRock and externally with relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree and J.D. from a nationally-recognized law school.
- 5+ years of work experience in financial services or at a law firm with a focus on financial regulation.
- Expertise on the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940, Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, Securities Act of 1933, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010, and other major laws that govern the securities industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way.
- Strong content creation skills in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Strong research and writing skills; strategic and creative thinking aptitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple ongoing deliverables and tight deadlines.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to senior internal and external audiences, including leaders within the firm, outside counsel, clients, and third party organizations.
- Good judgment and impeccable ethics; desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
Job posted: 2022-07-18