Vice President and General Counsel
The Vice President & General Counsel is the chief legal officer for The National Community Pharmacists Association. In this capacity, the person will serve as General Counsel of the Company and be a member of the Company’s senior leadership team. The position will have overall responsibility for all legal, regulatory, transactional, compliance and related activities of the Company, and will work closely with other members of senior management, company personnel, the Board of Directors and outside counsel. The candidate will report directly to the CEO of the association.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
In-house counsel responsible for day to day legal and transactional support:
- Develop and execute legal strategy including litigation and risk management
- Drafting and negotiating contracts and contract review
- Provide guidance in the development of new business initiatives
- Advise on corporate governance, tax, real estate, tenants, leases and privacy matters
- Employment Law
- Work effectively with the association management and a diverse community pharmacy membership base.
The ideal candidate’s experience should include:
- JD and Active Virginia State Bar Membership or another state bar with the ability to be registered in good standing with the Virginia Bar
- 10+ years of legal practice experience, preferably with some in-house association exposure
- Generalist legal background required, with emphasis on trade association and healthcare experience
- Candidate should possess a collaborative work style, an ability to clearly communicate legal and business issues and processes to all relevant stakeholders, and possess excellent presentation, communication and negotiating skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Local candidates preferred. Some travel required. Excellent benefits; salary commensurate with experience. Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Beverly.Martin@ncpa.org. Only complete applications will be considered.
Job posted: 2021-03-08