Vice President, Global Corporate Communications
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Vice President of Global Corporate Communications will lead Visa’s external communications efforts to advance Visa’s corporate narrative and position Visa as a purpose driven payment technology company to critical stakeholder groups including influencers, policymakers, investors, consumers, media and others. The ideal candidate is a business person first, with demonstrated experience developing integrated and strategic communications programs that span media relations, analyst relations, executive visibility, financial communications and digital and social media.
This leader is a hands-on, senior communications professional with exceptional writing, media relations and social media capabilities. S/he will oversee message development, media relations and executive visibility for Visa’s CEO, President, CFO and other Executive Committee members, along with financial/M&A/legal communications. Additionally, the Vice President leads our digital channels strategy team that defines and executes the strategy and storytelling for our external owned digital channels, including social media and the corporate blog.
This role will report to the SVP, Head of Global Corporate and North America Communications and manage a team of six professionals. The candidate will apply a diverse skillset and will manage and collaborate with other members of Visa’s Global Corporate Communications team to develop strategy and execute a range of activities. The role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Develop strategic, integrated external communications plans with measurable goals aligned with business priorities.
- Collaborate with Visa’s Executive Committee to secure by-in and engagement on executive visibility and traditional and digital media initiatives to advance company agenda.
- Develop high-quality written materials that convey Visa’s corporate and purpose narrative including messaging platforms, press releases, blogs, Q&As, speeches, editorials, infographics etc.
- Serve as primary media spokesperson on all on a broad range of subjects, including all corporate, financial and legal communications matters.
- Lead the identification, development, pitching and placement of Visa-related stories in top tier business, consumer and financial media worldwide, in print, digital and broadcast outlets.
- Drive all financial communications efforts around earnings, M&A, and investments in partnership with Investor Relations.
- Oversee the digital content team that manages the Visa blog and corporate social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube). Ensure we are driving integrated storytelling and editorial themes to tell a cohesive story to external audiences. Serve as an advocate for instilling a digital and audience-first mindset and strategy.
- Manage the creation, development and delivery of Visa’s Annual Report.
- Collaborate with the broader Global Corporate Communications team to ensure consistency of message and to tell bigger stories.
- Create a center of excellence that provides tools, expertise and counsel to help advance local market business objectives for global team members.
- Build and maintain a strong network of business partners across all levels of the global organization.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years’ experience in corporate communications and public relations
- Payments/financial services experience considered a key asset.
- Track record of developing strategic, impactful communications plans that deliver quantifiable results aligned with business priorities.
- Extensive media relations experience and established contacts in business/banking and/or technology media.
- Demonstrated ability in executing complex communications programs with an emphasis on storytelling and integration across traditional and digital channels.
- Knowledge and experience managing financial communications programs for a publicly traded company.
- Experience and passion for digital communications and an ability to drive strategic and integrated programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proven experience in multi-faceted program/project management, decision-making, and driving results in cross-functional and/or cross-regional teams.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, often on short deadlines.
- Experience managing business issues and navigating/synthesizing various viewpoints.
- Capability in managing budgets and procurement processes.
- Ability to provide high-level counsel to business and senior leadership.
- Prior experience working in a global matrixed organization.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-08